Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Sunday Stitchy Update

Hello everyone!

This week spring has arrived here in Chicago (it is about time) but it seems it is just here for a short visit!  We had temperatures in the 70s yesterday and today but we are expecting snow flurries tomorrow.  They are saying that there will not be any accumulation but this has been the strangest weather I have ever seen!

This weekend we watched a movie called Fruitvale Station. It was very sad and I ended up crying thru the end of it. It is based on a true story and it shows you how fast a small situation gets blown out of control and the tragic results.

I finished listening to another book - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I had a very hard time getting into the beginning of the book but then all of a sudden it just sucked me in and I couldn't wait to get to the end of it to see what was going to happen. I am also still (slowly) reading Scott Turow's book Pleading Guilty. I started another audio book; Terry McMillian's Who Asked You - just barely started it so I don't know how it is yet.

As for stitching this week I have been working on Dinosaurs!  Here is the current progress picture.
Another 400 stitches and I will be finished with page 3 and then on to page 4.  Slowly but surely progress is being made! :)

Instead of using the Random Number Generator tomorrow to figure out what to stitch next I think I will stitch on my Easter Egg piece.  Maybe it will be finished by Easter?

So what have you been stitching this week?  Leave me a comment so I can check it out!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

7 comments:

Nanette said...

Hello Faith, thanks for visiting my blog, I love it when new people "just turn up", then I can visit in turn. I've just done a blog post about some of my stitching, not a lot lately as I've been otherwise occupied, but I've made some bunting and an Easter pincushion and done some stitching on a WIP. Oh, and no damage to my house in the flooding that occurred.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Faith. I really like this design.

Linda

Dani - tkdchick said...

Progress on big projects like is is always slow but steady.

Vicky L said...

Weather has been crazy!!! We are not getting the snow but the cold weather is coming. Dinosaurs is looking good. Have a great Easter!

Sharon said...

I don't like most sad movies, I'd rather giggle than cry. You are making great progress - such an amazing design!
Have a wonderful Easter holiday!

Lindashee said...

Hello ! Since you visited my blog, it was my turn to take a look at yours and it's lovely! This dinosaur project is pretty impressive but at least with your technique, you can't go backwards ! Your stitching is very neat and I wish you good luck with it.

Meari said...

Heyyy, I listened to Girl Gone a few months back. I really liked it.

Hope you have a nice Easter.