Saturday, September 16, 2017

My Sunday Stitchy Update 09/17/17

Oh my how could I have ever forgotten an Etegami I received from my friend, Meari!

She recently learned how to draw these postcards and I was the lucky recipient of one!

The Japanese writing says
"Different is Beautiful"
and the saying and colors fit me perfectly!! 

Thank you once again Meari,
I love it!!

And then I had a surprise on Friday when I was reading Blogs. I always enjoy reading the Blogger of the Week which is one of Jo's (Serendipitous Stitching) creations. She recently ran a contest which I entered and the random number generator picked me as the winner of a gift certificate to an online stitchy store of my choice! I am still kitting up the Halloween piece from Stoney Creek that I spoke of a couple of weeks ago, so I asked for it to go there. Now I will be able to kit it up a bit sooner and get started stitching on it faster (ha ha ha). 

Thank you Jo!

Then came Saturday... and it was a happy mail day! Yay! I received another order of needle minder's from the Facebook store The Everyday Stitcher. A while ago I won a $25 gift card so I "had" to place another order! LOL 

These are the ones I received:


I even got one to stick to my ceramic tea cup that I recently purchased to use while I am stitching. I put the magnet on the inside of the cup and the minder on the outside. I am always misplacing things while I am stitching and thought that this might be a way to keep everything together.  You can see in the picture that in the cup part I keep my scissors (I am going to have to put a piece of material in the bottom), my 'get rid of that piece of dog hair' tweezers, my must have magnifying glass and what ever bobbin of floss I am using. In the teabag part I keep my needle threaders and thimble; makes it easy to find stuff. So far it is working perfectly and it takes up little space on my table, but time will tell.



Now for the stitching...

If they gave awards for the most stitching, ripping out, stitching, ripping out...again and again on one piece then surely I would win first place. I must have stitched the blue for the ballet slippers 5 times (please don't look to closely - LOL) but I think I finally have it! I feel like I am NEVER going to finish this ornament! 

12 Days of Christmas
Day 9
Nine Ladies Dancing
Designer - Margaret Sherry
Progress as of 09/17/17

As I close out this week I would like to add a quote of kindness as fellow blogger Brigitte has done. She had a bad week with a couple of unpleasant people and wanted to remind people to be kind and I think that is a great idea. There is never to much kindness in the world and we can all use a reminder of that from time to time. 

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

And remember these words:
kindness is the greatest beauty that you
can have, so take some time to be kind!


6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

A happy post here with plenty of lovely goodies :)
Love the needleminders, they are so sweet.
Great stitching!!

Justine said...

Looks like you've had a successful week! The postcard from your friend is beautiful.

Lili said...

The postcard is very pretty, so sweet gift!
Congratulations for the gift certificate!
Great needle minders! I really like the one with "So many charts so little time! ;)
Lovely stitching! Love the soft colours! Your tea cup is beautiful, love your idea!

Happy stitching!

Astrids dragon said...

Such a lovely gift from Meari, I love the colours. And gift certificates are always a treat, lucky you!
Your mug is perfect for stitching, I might have to find one to use!
The slippers look good to me, she's gonna be cute.

RJ said...

Congrats Faith...looking forward to what you pick from the online store. And the postcard is so sweet. Love all of your stitches and your needleminders. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

The Crafty Princess said...

Needleminders are possibly my favourite cross stitch accessory. I cover my wips in them. I love your new additions they are so cute. Ladies dancing is looking great too. And I absolutely agree a little kindness goes a long long way.
xo Alicia