Sunday, January 21, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 01/21/18

This weekend was International Hermit and Stitch Weekend and I managed to get in some stitching!


What is IHSW you ask?

Glad you asked, this is the group explanation:

"International Hermit and Stitch Weekend takes place every 3rd full weekend of each month, from Friday till Sunday. In our very busy and hectic lives, IHSW is a chance for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." It is a time set aside to take care of us and our love for stitching."

For those of you on Facebook you can join in the fun by joining the group


This is the piece I worked on for IHSW

Christmas Rules
Be Kind
Rule One
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
this was where
I was on Friday

and this is my
progress as of 01/21/18

Part 1 of  13 complete!

There is no backstitch outlines on the Rules charts but I am thinking the snowman may need to be outlined so he can be seen better.  Maybe a light grey color? What do you guys think?

Also I have decided to be a dropout! I quit the Stitch from Stash challenge! ha ha I have NOT bought anything and have no plans to but have decided that I don't "feel" like I need to submit a file every month to say that.

Well back to stitching some rules... hope I can get Rule One completed this week!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

17 comments:

Cindy said...

I have had the Christmas Rules in my stash for years. I am still participating in Stitch from Stash, maybe I will get them done this year!

Rachel said...

That's great progress for a weekend. I think you're probably right about the snowman; try it and see. Good luck with rule number one. :)

Justine said...

Great hermitting Faith! I think the snowman looks good as he is.

Mary said...

You were a hermit! All that fill around Rules took a lot of time. Great progress. I like the snowman as he is too...cute stitch!!

Lili said...

I love your snowman! Your block is so pretty!
Happy stitching!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Faith. Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Linda

Carla said...

Wow! Great progress!

I think the snowman will stand out a little bit more with the backstitch

Katie said...

Fantastic progress. I agree with you about backstitching the snowman. A grey color would be great I think. I can't join in the Stitch from Stash because I keep seeing new things I can't live without haha. Added a new set to my wishlist today haha. Just have to remember I'm not allowed to START them haha.

RJ said...

Faith your snowman is adorable. I can see him perfectly but if you want to outline him I agree a light grey would work really well. That is such a cute stitch and you made a lot of progress this weekend. The stitch is so cute. Are you going to frame it or make an ornament? RJ

Megan Joelle said...

That's an impressive chunk of stitching you got through on the weekend Faith! I think the snowman is definitely blending too much with the background and needs back-stitching to make him "re-appear." Like you said a grey similar to the tone of blue at the bottom could work, or maybe even the blue underneath him could be extended up as another alternative option. Although... personally I would reach for the black, since his hat, buttons and eyes are all black. I think black would be the most complementary choice. It would not look as "out of place," since it's a colour he is already sporting. Whereas you risk a blue or grey looking out of place because there is currently no blue or grey on any other part of him... That's my logic anyway lol!

Joysze said...

You got so much done, Faith. I agree about the snowman outline, it'll definitely make him pop. I'm thinking black outlines to match the hat and make him match the 'cartoony' feel of the piece... maybe... hrmm.... LOL. Big help, I was... NOT!!!

Renee said...

Wonderful progress! I agree with the snowman. :)

Irene said...

bellissimi i tuoi progressi!

Mary's Thread said...

It's off to a good start! It will be fun to watch this one grow!

Mii Stitch said...

Well you have done some serious hermitting!! Look at all this stitching! A great new start and a lovely pattern.
Thank you again for the sweet needleminders. I have started using one yesterday and the other will be for a new project (HAED again...) that I'm planning on starting this week.

Bethan said...

Such great progress! I will have to join in for the next hermit weekend x

Brigitte said...

Wow, my, Faith, that's a lot of progress over the weekend. You are on the roll, aren't you?