Sunday, February 18, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 02/18/18

Welcome Friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful week!

This week I pulled out the next project in my WIP Box and once I started looking at the chart I realized that I am missing two floss colors for it.  They are both DMC but they are in the Coloris line and I never bought those because I never thought I would need them! I guess that will teach me to pay closer attention when I am looking things over on the charts. So I ordered one of them and the other is literally for less than 20 stitches! I didn't want to buy it just for that so another stitcher (thanks Gay!) sent me some Wisper floss to use in its place since it is for hair and that will make it look fluffy. So then I packed everything up and moved to the NEXT one in the box and it just so happened to be another Christmas design.

So may I present to you...

Christmas Penguin
Designer - Gill Cooper
 This is what the finished piece will look like,

and this is mine!

First Stitch 02/12/18
Progress as of 02/18/18

This piece will be for Jacob as he is the lover of all things penguin and collects them.

Now to pull out the next piece in the WIP Box but since I still haven't received the DMC that I ordered, I am not sure what it will be!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
have a wonderful week and I will
see ya next week with another faithful update!


12 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, he's so sweet and you've made good progress too. I hope the letter he's carrying is to Jacob telling him to expect another gift! :)

Justine said...

Great progress in 6 days Faith! I love this one. I bet Jacob would like to see Dinosaurs next!

Mary said...

Great progress with all those color changes! The little penguin is adorable!! Jacob will be thrilled!

Linda said...

What a cute design Faith and nice progress.

Linda

Katie said...

What a cute piece! I hate when I'm missing a floss I need. Drives me crazy. Never fails either haha. Hope they arrive soon.

diamondc said...

Faith: Oh my goodness that Penguin is adorable, I have used whisper for just a few stitch's on a project, I need to find something I can use it for.

Blessings
Catherine

RJ said...

Faith I'm with Jacob. I love penquins too and this one is ADORABLE! You are moving right along. I'm down with allergies so my stitching and most everything else has stopped. My head is throbbing too hard to think. But, I can't wait to get back to my stitching. Great job my friend. RJ

Joysze said...

Oh... this is going to be darling!!! Jacob's going to be over the moon!!!

Meari said...

That is going to be so cute when finished! I don't have the coloris floss either otherwise I would've sent you a length so you could do your 20 stitches.

Lili said...

That penguin is so cute, Faith! A lovely progress!

Hugs!!

Brigitte said...

He is such a little sweetie, the Christmas Penguin.

Bethan said...

You stitch so speedily! He is so cute! x