Monday, April 24, 2017

RAK

I so forgot to write in my last post that I received a beautiful RAK from my long time on-line friend Alba Perra (no blog). She lives in Bologna, Italy and while I have never met her in person I have known her for many, many years; probably more than 15.

Last week I received an email from HaED that said I have received a gift from her! I was very excited and rushed off to see what the chart was. The chart is called Wonders of Chicago and I absolutely LOVE it!

Some of my favorite places in Chicago are featured here; Buckingham FountainThe Field MuseumThe Sears (now Willis) TowerThe Chicago Water Towerdowntown Chicago and The Shedd Aquarium.

This piece will be a wonderful remembrance for our family since we have moved from Chicago to Tucson! Now to just clear some of that stuff out of my WIP box and get this started!

Thank you Alba!
I will also think of you every time I see this piece! 

Thanks for stopping by,
see ya next time!

9 comments:

Justine said...

What a gorgeous chart! A lovely gift. It sounds like a special friendship.

Linda said...

Beautiful chart Faith. I so wish I was brave enough to stitch HAED's.

Linda

Melinda Forbes said...

This is a great RAK. HAED's really do scare me. Can't wait to watch you stitch yours

Mii Stitch said...

Your friend is a gem! What a lovely chart.

Unknown said...

Wow what a wonderful RAK, what a lovely gift to send and receive x

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness what a lovely gift.
I look forward to seeing your progress.

Blessings
Catherine

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow that is such an awesome RAK. She obviously knows you very well and knows your heart. That will be a beautiful stitch. I love RAK's as you do think of the awesome and generous person that sent it to you. Enjoy stitching it and we will enjoy seeing your progress
xo Alicia

RJ said...

Such a lovely gift you received Faith. My FIL was from Bologna, Italy but moved here when he was 7. Enjoy your new home in Arizona...quite a change from Chicago. Thank you for stopping by our blog today. Have a super great weekend. RJ/stitchingfriendsforever2

Mary said...

What a great gift, I have been to Chicago twice and loved each visit, great city. So, nice to have a long distance friendship! Mary