Sunday, April 02, 2023

My Sunday Stitchy Update 04/02/23

Hello Everyone! I hope that you are having a wonderful day. 

I have been working on Dinosaurs and have made some progress. I feel that I will NEVER make  enough progress on this piece though and I will be working on it forever and then some. So here is this week's progress. 

Progress 03/31/23

So that wraps up the March group event, Monogamous March. I am so glad that I participated in it since it helped me to stitch on this incredibly old WIP! Otherwise, it might still be sitting untouched at the back of the WIP box.

I also stitched up the weekly release of the stitch along. 

The Blackwork Stitch Along
#TheBlackworkStitchAlong
Progress 04/01/23

We are right about at the halfway point of the SAL since there are 27 sections. I wish I had used a darker color thread on this fabric. This fabric (I don't know where it came from) is kind of stretchy and I don't really like that either because I feel that the patterns are not as clear as they could be. But hey, you live, stitch and learn.

So as I mentioned above Monogamous March is over and done with! Now Cindy (the group's admin) has created an event for April! It will be called All One April which will follow the same concept as the March event. So, I have decided that I am going to participate but of course I have to make some exceptions to the rules! 
 
The first change I am making concerns Dinosaurs. I will continue working on this piece for one week each month (probably into eternity). I will start on the first Monday (my start day for each week) of the month so that I can continue making at least a little progress.

The other change is that every Saturday I will stitch the new release for The Blackwork Stitch Along so that I can keep up with it. 

Of course, I will also spin the wheel to see which WIP I should release from captivity for the month!


And that is the plan, for now anyways! I hope that I can stick to the plan. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading this extra long post.

I felt that if I put it in writing that I might actually stick to the plan.

I hope to see you next week with another faithful update!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck with your plans. Sounds good to me. Some variety mixed in will help a lot.

mylene said...

You are moving along well with both of your WIP's and good luck with your plans for this month. I am quite envious as i cannot made plans due to work and other activities. Happy week❤️

butterfly said...

Great Ideas , I rotate my UFOs after putting 3 lengths of thread into each day for two weeks , then on to the next one , they do grow some are almost done .
Then I stitch on about four smalls each night , only using a couple of threads
per night and after a week some smalls are finished .
This works for me because I get bored to quick.
You seem to get alot of work done on your UFOs , keep going they look great .
Enjoy your new week hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

I think your plan for Dinosaurs is a good one, Faith. Actually, I like your plan for All One April and your rule breaking. Enjoy your week!

Carol said...

How big will the final Dinosaurs piece be, Faith? I admire you for stitching something so intense--I know I couldn't do it :) I am pretty much a monogamous stitcher so I tend to stitch smaller things that I won't tire of. Anyway--I wish you luck in your April plans and hope you have a Happy Easter ♥