Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Stuff

Remember a few weeks ago I told you guys that I took my grandson to the Reptile Fest and he fell in love with the turtles...WELL he has never stopped talking about them since that day.  Every day he was asking his mom when are we going to get a turtle or are we going to get a turtle today.  They got a bunch of books from the library and read up on them and did some internet searches to read some more and then VIOLA today was the BIG DAY!

So may I please take this time to introduce our newest family member,
Leonardo (aka ~ the blue Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle)

He is a Red Foot Tortiose

and his new house is all set up

and he has made his self at home

and he has had a small dinner of strawberries. 
He has has a long and exhausting day and now he is going under his log and calling it a night.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratulations. I'm sure he will enjoy Leonardo. If you need to enlarge his habitat there is a place in Florida that makes great tortoise boxes.
The website is:
drsfostersmith.com
The are on sale for 2 weeks for 99.99. They are called zoo med tortoise house.
George loves his. He has privacy & he has lots of room to move around.

Valda said...

Welcome to Leonardo! I had a turtle for a pet when I was a kid and loved him!

Nancy in IL said...

What a great turtle for Jacob!!! He looks so much at home, and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the family. If I'm not mistaken, they live a long time, so Jacob won't have to endure his death any time soon.

Sunshine said...

Welcome to the family Leonardo!!!
Great pet choice. They live a long time.