Thursday, March 14, 2013

Say it ain't so!

Well I guess that the end of the Google Reader is in the very near future.  Google has announced that on July 1st they are retiring the reader due to the decline of people using it.

See article here..

Now I don't know about you, but I DEPEND on that reader!  I have all the blogs I love to read and follow saved there and I go to it and browse blogs almost everyday.  I love being able to easily see which blogs have been updated and easily go from one to the next.  Plus I can read them from any computer or my phone.  I even have them all organized in different categories and everything...but I guess that will be no more! 

So that brings me to some questions for the day...
Do you use Google Reader? If so what do you plan on doing with all your blog subscriptions?  Or if you don't use Google Reader; how do you keep track of the blogs you read?  I don't want to be a "FOLLOWER" on every single blog out there (my blog list would be in the thousands).

Thanks for any reader suggestions you may have!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I literally just setup an account on Bloglines. It's laid out a lot like google reader. So far so good. I was so sad to see that pop up. I hate change haha.

SoCal Debbie said...

I'm on bloglovin.

Mii Stitch said...

I'm glad you're asking this because I wasn't aware of it until I used blog reader to catch up on the blogs & found out they are all moving to bloglovin!!!! No!!!! I don't really want to start afresh on a new site... Would that mean I'll lose all my previous posts??? I truly have no idea what to do next :( xxx

Emma/Itzy said...

I think Feedly is supposed to be good, as I understand it intergrates with the current google reader and imports all your saved blogs

Brita said...

@Mii Stitch: Google lets you expotr all your feeds and you can then import it elsewhere

@Faith: I have been use FeedDemon 2.7 for PC for ages now. It looks much like the Google Reader and does pretty much the same job: letting me see at a glance which blogs have updates and read through them easily.