Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday's Stitchy Update...

Hi everyone!

This has been a LONG week...I thought it was never going to get over! 

My daughter and I did go to a stitch in one evening at my local LNS Maddie Maks and we meet up with my friend Mary.  We stitch and chatted and even shopped a bit; I picked up the final Jingle Flip-It's from Lizzie*Kate and a couple of other things.

Then we had a Family Day - the last one before school starts...to The Field Museum and Jacob got to have his picture taken with "Sue" while he was there. 

The Field Museum is home to Sue the T Rex which is the largest, best-preserved, and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex ever found. This is one of Jacob's favorite exhibits and one of the things that made him want to be a paleontologist when he grows up.  He is the reason I am stitching Dinosaurs and whenever it is finished it will hang in his room.

Now on the stitching front... I know it was IHSW this weekend but I just didn't have any time or energy for stitching. The only stitching I did this week was at the Stitch In; but at least it was something! :)  

ABC's of Aging Artfully
Progress 08/18/13

Next week it is back to
DINOSAURS!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

6 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Hey, every stitch counts!

Mary Ivancicts said...

I had a good time at the stitch in with you and Tia! Jacob is so handsome and polite!

Anonymous said...

Hello Faith

Sounds like you had a good, if long week!
Lovely photos and your stitching looks lovely!
Have a good week.
Bye for now.

Linda said...

Your piece is looking good Faith.

Linda

Meari said...

Stitching looks great, Faith.

Did you know Sue belongs to the Field Museum in Rockford, IL? I took my niece there years ago when Sue was first finished.

Berly said...

Sounds like a wonderful week! And, every stitch counts - it's one less you have to put in later! :)