Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Wednesday Words

I have gone thru quite a few books lately (both audiobooks and regular books) and thought I would take a minute to update you on my reading.

Since my last Books post I have finished

Who Asked You by Terry McMillian - It was a pretty good book! It is a book of fiction but it could easily be based on many families true stories. Betty Jean is the family rock and you follow her journey as she struggles through day to day life with her family and you will find yourself cheering for her every step of the way.

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson - Different from his other books - but it was good...not spectacular but good. Saw the ending coming, but not the reason. I will read the other books in the series because I want to know - What happened to Matthew?

Also started the Tess Monaghan series by Laura Lippman - There are twelve books in the series and I am on number seven. I like her books for the most part but some times she could say the same thing in LESS words. She gives so much background information about stuff that I sometimes forget what the book is about! I have grown found of Tess and Crow and look forward to their next adventure.

Also read Don't Let Me Go by Catherine Ryan Hyde - it was GREAT! Once I got into it I couldn't put it down. This book shows the kindness in people. Grace is a child in trouble and because she needs help all the neighbors in her building who didn't even know each other join together to save her and in turn her mother and their selves; all while they built life long friendships between themselves.

When I Found You also by by Catherine Ryan Hyde - Another good book by this author! Love how she makes you think about your relationships with other people; people that you generally take for granted.

Stephen King caught my attention with Mr. Mercedes - YAY! Back to his old school writing and I LOVED it! This is supposed to be book one of a trilogy and I will anxiously be waiting for the rest of the books! 

Takedown Twenty and Top Secret Twenty-One; both are from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - These books are seriously laugh out loud funny! I enjoy this series and am looking forward to bok 22 already!

High Heat (Jack Reacher Series #17.5 - a Kindle edition) by Lee Child - it was ok...went back to when Reacher was 16 and traveling across country to visit his brother. Story was a bit unbelievable - but most Reacher books are like that but I still enjoy each and every one of them!

Last but not least I read the new Women's Murder Club, Unlucky 13 by James Patterson - Book was pretty good. Of course the ending was not really an ending so I guess that will be the beginning to the next book.

So - what are you reading??  I am ALWAYS on the lookout for something new to read!

3 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Wow, that is quite a list!

Kaisievic said...

You have been busy. I am reading several books at the moment but my main one is The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Amazing novel.

Bea said...

I'm reading "A Mortal Bane" by Roberta Gellis - a murder mystery set in 12th century England. Enjoying it very much. It's the first of 3.