Sunday, March 06, 2016

My Sunday Stitchy Update

Good Evening Everyone!

Hope that everyone is doing great :)  To my friends getting snow and ice, I hope that spring finds you soon and that you stay warm while you are waiting!

I have lots to show you today...

First up my daughter put some purple highlights in my hair! It is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time and I finally took the plunge!!  Here is how it looks now

There is more purple in the back but some is hard to see because it is kind of light and blends right in with my hair. All in all I am pleased and happy that we did it.


Next up!

My friend Mary (from Illinois) was vacationing in Arizona this week and came to have lunch with me!  When we started planning it our other friend Deb (from California) said that she would love to meet us that day also! So YAY!! I get to have lunch with two of my friends!  It was a fantastic time. We had some great Mexican food and lots of talking and laughing.

Here we are after lunch

To remember our lunch I made Mary this

Friends Are Like Angels
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
Finished 02/11/16

and Deb this

Friendship Begins
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
Finished 02/08/16

And finally; time for the stitching...This piece came out of hiding! 

Design by Stephen Michael Gardner
Progress as of 03/03/16
This was a page finish!
6 down and 14 to go

and then we received the next part of the SAL

Words SAL
Designer - Palkó
Progress as of 03/06/16

Whew! I am all typed out so...

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a Le a lot of fun I love the purple :). Beautiful stitching :)

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like you had a great time!
Your makes for the girls are lovely :)

Linda said...

Lovely stitching Faith. How neat to be able to meet up with stitchy friends.

Linda

Bea said...

Love the ornaments you made for your friends - great mementos of a good day. It's good to see dinosaurs again. Love the way your hair looks.

Unknown said...

Love your hair. What fum!. I love the colors for your Words Sal. It looks very nice. Have not seen Dinosaurs in awhile -- it looks great,

It is so wonderful to meet up with old friends. Sounds as if you are having a lot of fun and living life..

Vickie said...

Love the purple hair!!!! looks like you ladies had fun!! Love your stitching and I am happy to see your dinosaur piece come out of extinction!! You are bringing dinosaurs back!!!

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts for your friends Faith and lovely highlights in your hair too. Are you going to try lots of different colours? :)

Meari said...

Glad you got to meet up with Mary. I bet you gals had a lot of fun!!

Your stitching looks great.

Love the purple shade in your hair.

Brigitte said...

A blog post full of lovely things. So nice that you could meet up with two of your stitching friends. And you made them two beautiful ornaments as a souvenir of your get-together.
Nice progress on the dinosaurs and on Palko's SAL.

gominam said...

Good for you trying something new and enjoying yourself with friends. Your stitches are lovely:)