Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 01/14/18

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I hope everyone is still stitching away on their plans for the year! I always love the beginning of the year as it is full of excitement and hope of finishing lots of projects!

First up, a finish!

Well Hello There!
January
Designer - Hands On Design
First Stitch 01/07/18
Last Stitch 01/11/18

I love this series because they are such quick stitches.

Next up is a one of my new starts for the year.

Christmas Rules
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
First Stitch 01/12/18
Progress as of 01/14/18

I don't know if you can see the start of a snowman over there on the left right above the snow? I think I am about to rip him out and change the color to B5200 the DMC Bright White. Right now it is a cream color and I didn't think of a floss toss before I started. At least it is a quick and easy fix but I will probably still use the DMC 712 for the letters because they will be boxed in with other colors.

Normally I switch projects on Mondays but I am keeping this out since I started it late in the week and I want to rip out the snowman while it is on my mind!

Next weekend is hermiting weekend! YAY So be ready to hermit and stitch the weekend away and I will be looking forward to your hermitting posts!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

13 comments:

Jaret said...

Congrats on your finish!

I think I fixed my "no reply" status. But, I have no idea what I'm doing so I can't be sure.

Justine said...

Cute finish! I always sub the 712 in LK designs for BS5200. I don't think 712 shows up well unless you're stitching on white fabric.

Mary said...

The Hands On Designs are charming and it's always so rewarding to have a quick finish. Hermiating weekend sounds good to me!!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish and nice start Faith.

Linda

Rhona said...

Congrats on the finish! Love that LK design and I agree with you on substituting the colours.

Lili said...

The January piece is so pretty! How cute buttons!
Love your new start, L*K designs are so much fun to stitch!!
Happy stitching!

Katie said...

Another adorable Hello piece. Love it! I see the snowman. But I agree with you. The bright white would make it pop better. I'm looking forward to IHSW. I just don't know yet what I plan to work on haha.

Mii Stitch said...

A quick small finish, it looks lovely.
I found from experience that stitching on the sweet LK designs mean that you have to do some colour swaps.

diamondc said...

Hi Faith: Nice finish.
I have changed the colors in designs myself, sometimes I am not sure what the designer was thinking.


Blessings
Catherine

RJ said...

Love your January finish Faith. I really enjoy when you add buttons...so cute! I color swap all the time. RJ

Bethan said...

A lovely finish, and I look forward to seeing your new start progress x

Brigitte said...

You are so right about the beginning of a new stitching year - lots of excitement with new projects and maybe the first finishes. Like yours. Congratulations.

Meari said...

Those Hello There pieces are just so adorable!