Sunday, July 09, 2017

My Sunday Stitchy Update 0/709/17

Hello everyone!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful week. I am having a good week ;)

Today was the first day since June 14th that our temperature has fallen below 100F (38C)! The heat doesn't really bother me and I prefer it to the cold temperatures!  I lived in those cold conditions for far to long and couldn't wait to leave them behind and if I never experience them again it will be to soon! LOL

Thanks everyone for your comments on Alex! He is fitting in just fine and Scruffy is even settling down for the most part and accepting him as part of the family. He doesn't like it to much when Alex whistles and he will start barking at him; until they both can't  stand it anymore, then they will both be quiet again for a bit.

This week I started working the next ornament in the series which is the Swan!

12 Days of Christmas
Day 7
Seven Swans A Swimming
Designer - Margaret Sherry
Progress as of 07/09/17

Now I have a question for all of you. I was using Google Picasa to edit my photos but a couple of weeks ago I had to get a new computer. I have been installing my programs and apps on the new laptop but when I went to download Picasa I was informed that it is no longer available...crud! My son suggested some different programs (Gimp, Paint 3D, Mocavi and Paint.net to name a few)  and I have not found one I really like yet. I am looking for something where I can write on my photos, crop them, make a simple collage of 2 or more pictures and all other simple things quickly and easily! What do you use to edit your photos?  Thanks for any suggestions! 

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

When I read about your temperatures I just start sweating, lol. It has also cooled down a lot over here - from 30°C to 15°C this morning. How wonderful for me - whereas for you that would certainly be a bit too cool :))
Nice start on the Seven Swans ornament.
Sorry, but I can't help you with any computer problem. I need help myself when there is an issue.

Justine said...

That would be too hot for me! Yesterday here it was high 20s and I could just about cope.
Sorry I can't help either with the photo editing. I'm useless with technology.
Nice start on the Seven Swans!

Mii Stitch said...

Those temperatures are a bit to high for my liking!! Great stitching progress.
Have you tried picmonkey? It is free but you have to create a login. ..

Linda said...

Great start Faith. Sorry I can't help you. I am a computer dummy.

Linda

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I have to admit I love the heat. Unfortunately, we've been unseasonably cool this summer in the Pacific Northwest. It's not even supposed to hit 70 today. I love your little Seven Swans stitching. I've been watching a few people stitch it and don't get tired of how everyone is stitching theirs. I have been saving my money for Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Premiere Elements as a photo and video editing combo. My son who is really into this sort of thing says they are the best. It might do more than you want, however. Hope you find one that fits exactly what you need. Have a great day! --Andrea

Rhona said...

Great new start. Glad the temps have fallen a bit....that's way too hot for me.

The Crafty Princess said...

Maybe Alex and Scruffy are singing together LOL! Or it's a competition until their throats get hoarse. I'm glad they are settling in together though.
Nice progress on your Swan ornament, at the moment it looks like the swan is wearing a shower cap. Is it? That would be so cute ha ha.

I had the same problem as you but I just use Google photos. It's pretty easy to use and it kept all the albums that I created under Picasa. You can edit all your photos, make collages and videos. It's pretty cool actually. Good luck
xo Alicia

Lili said...

Lovely start on your swan!

For editing my photos I use Pixlr Express, but is a online photo editor. (https://pixlr.com/express/)

I really don't like Summer. We had a wonderful week with temperatures from 24ºC/26ºC, but the temperature is now increasing a lot, in June we had a week with temperatures of 40ºC.

Hugs!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress on the swans! No help on the photo editing I'm afraid though.

Pull the other thread said...

Wow that is some seriously hot weather, I absolutely could not cope in that heat. Love your stitching as always. I use GIMP which is fine but it is pretty complicated to use. I still haven't learned to do most things on it yet so not sure I would recommend it.

RJ said...

Hi Faith,

Love how your swan looks. The colors really pop. You are really moving along on your SAL's. Sorry I have very little computer skills and don't edit anything but would love to learn. Looking forward to hear what you will use. RJ