Sunday, August 22, 2021

My Sunday Stitchy Update 08/22/21

Hi there friends! I hope that you are having a great day and taking a little time for yourself. That should be a very important part of your routine but so often we are so busy we overlook ourselves! 

This week I have been working on the Penguin and he is just about finished; he only needs a little more back stitch. Lately one of my eyes  has been bothering me when I stitch so I am not getting in as much time as I would like. Guess it is time for my self care and get in and get my prescription for my glasses updated. 

Anyways; here is the progress on the Penguin.

Christmas Characters
Penguin
Designer - Durene Jones
Progress 08/22/21
#2021ChristmasInJulySAL

He should be finished by tomorrow and then yes - I have decided to stitch at least one more ornament. Even though the background takes forever and ever... I think I will do the Elf though I am pretty sure it won't be finished by the end of the month!

I would like to start some Halloween stitches in September so I need to dig thru my stuff and see what I have. This year I did NOT buy the Just Cross Stitch Halloween magazine because let's face it, I buy it every year and barely ever stitch anything out of it. So I will search thru the old editions and my pile of charts to see what strikes my fancy.  Do you stitch Halloween designs? 

Well, thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

6 comments:

butterfly said...

You are getting in front for Christmas .great stitching again and so cute.
Have a happy week.

MartinaM said...

This little penguin is cute too, with its crown and cupcake.
Have a nice week, Martina

Manuela said...

So cute the little penguin.
I'm looking forward to the Elf.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Linda said...

Another cute ornament Faith.

Linda

Mary said...

The penguin is so cute and I'm glad your adding the elf, such fun ornaments for your tree.
I stitch Halloween, I just finished Bittersweet and Broomsticks for my niece and almost finished Basketfull of Autumn. Both WTNT patterns. I bought The BD Winds of Autumn and there are 2 that I'm just itching to start but I have to get some of my WIPS done before I start anything new. Hope you find something in the old magazines that inspire you to stitch Halloween.

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! I feel bad that I have dropped off face of the earth! Your stitching is looking good! Keep up the great work!