Sunday, August 29, 2021

My Sunday Stitchy Update 08/29/21

Wow, here it is the end of  August and the unofficial end of summer already. 2021 is really moving fast especially when you compare it to 2020. That year seemed to just drag on forever...

This past week I did have a finish with the Penguin. I am not exactly sure what this gold is suppose to be but it was charted so I stitched it. Someone said it is tinsel, someone else said streamers and someone else suggested a scarf made with that fuzzy yarn so I guess it can be most anything.

Christmas Characters
Penguin
Designer - Durene Jones
Finished 08/23/21

Well then I decided to take the plunge and and start not one but two new ornaments. They are the last two in this chart. I really liked the Elf but figured why not add the Polar Bear too instead of leaving one empty spot on the fabric. I decided to tackle them both at the same time. I thought it may be confusing but it is working out pretty good.

Christmas Characters
Polar Bear (top) & Elf (bottom)
Designer - Durene Jones

Progress 08/29/21

Well short and sweet
about wraps up this week.

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I agree, where has summer gone? Your penguin is lovely, great new starts too

Manuela said...

The little penguin is so cute. I love him.
Have a nice week.

Sheryl said...

I like your little penguin with the Xmas pudding and the new starts look like fun designs too,

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish and great starts Faith.

Linda

Carol said...

Your penguin is such a cutie, Faith! I'd say he has streamers around his neck, too. Celebrating Christmas with them and his fig pudding. Can hardly believe it is September 3rd already. I'm glad things are cooling off here--it is only 73 now! Sending you some cooler weather :)

Mary said...

YOur penguin is adorable wrapped in the old fashioned crinkly tinsel!! Love your polar bears too! We finally have beautiful cool weather. I'm in heaven with it, I can finally turn the oven on and bake. Take care and enjoy the weekend.

Rachel said...

Well, first of all, huge congratulations on slogging it out and finishing your four really cute important Christmas ornies during July and August! It must be a weight off your mind that you won't be last minute ornie stitching in December this year! I don't blame you for starting the other two, but at least you know there's no pressure to complete them quickly. :)