Sunday, June 09, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 06/09/24

 Here we are... at Sunday once again! That also means it is time for my weekly update! 

This last week we have been in the hundreds every day.  Lots of stay in the house, drink water, wear light clothes and don't walk your dogs without their shoes warnings happening here; all of which are good advice! It is going to be the same this week which just means we will have to only go out when necessary but poor Jacob has to be outside when he is working at his piano moving job. They try to do everything early in the mornings but you know how that goes; some customers aren't available early so the hot parts of the day it is. 

Now on to this week's stitching!  I stitched on three different projects and one of them hasn't been out of the WIP Box in a very long time.

One day a couple of weeks ago, Jacob asked if I was ever going to finish Dinosaurs. As always when he asks this I felt bad about it still being in the dreaded WIP box and told him of course I will. So, I explained to him about the monthly acrostics that I am doing and that I haven't been able to work in the Dinos (even though it is not like I really tried). He said he didn't believe that I couldn't fit it in even ONE time so I knew I HAD to start including it and I will be darn if it didn't fit in on the first line of the acrostic I had for June! It was a sign I tell you! ha ha ha

So this month the first piece up is DINOSAURS!

Dinosaurs

The awesome part is I can actually see the progress here!

Progress 06/02/24
240 stitches added


Next I worked on the Peppermint Purple 2024 Annual SAL

2024 Blackwork SAL
  
Yes...I am STILL working on the borders, though hopefully not for much longer! When I
work on it I seem to get in lots of stitches but blackwork seemingly requires lots of stitches!

Progress 06/07/24
253 stitches added


And the last one for the week I decided that Metroid needed some Xs! 

Nintendo
Metroid
 
I wish the stitches went in as fast on this piece! This one seems to take forever.

Progress 06/05/24
I put in 313 stitches on this one for the week

So that is a total 806 stitches for the week!

So that wraps it up for the week. Next week I will have some flowers to show and then I think that the Dinosaurs is coming back out at the end of the week. I have to check the dates for a challenge I will be in. 

If you are being exposed to extreme temperatures or weather of any kind,
please take precautions!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

๐Ÿ’œ   ๐Ÿ’œ   ๐Ÿ’œ

6 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh yes, with the before and after pictures you can really see your progress, it's great to see the development. There's also a lot more to your Blackwork SAL.
Take care of yourself in this hot weather, I wish it would finally get really warm here too, but it's still cool.
Enjoy your stitching time, Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Faith,
good progress on your three projects. Good idea to show two photos before and after your stitching.
Take care on this hot weather. We have cold weather. I don't need hot weather.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Carol said...

Oh, that sounds so hot, Faith! And here I am shivering in Pennsylvania. It is only getting up to 64 today and tonight will be down in the 40s--most unusual for June. By mid-week things will be more summerlike and I'm glad. Your poor grandson--can't imagine moving a piano, let alone in the temps you're having. Nice progress on your projects--I think that is so nice that Jacob really wants you to finish the dinosaur piece :) Enjoy your week and try to stay cool! ♥

Katie said...

Wohoo beautiful progress on your WIPs including Dinosaurs!
Ick that heat! We are getting it later this week. Right now it's actually low 70s and feels fantastic. Jeremiah has pants on! But 100 heat index later this week. Fun fun. Have a great week. Hugs!

Mary said...

I live in Florida and I appreciate the reminder about the heat. It can really zap your energy quick. I love your wips; especially the dinosaur.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Faith! I'm playing catch up here with my blog reading. You had a productive week. I hope this week is a productive one as well.