Sunday, July 28, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/28/24

Afternoon!

I hope you had a great stitching week. All in all mine was pretty good. We had some decent storms finally but a few were accompanied by some microbursts. A lot of trees have been uprooted and there were downed power lines in other places. Tornados and microbursts are very rare occurrences here but I guess that there are no more usual weather patterns. You just get what you get! 


So on to the stitching! 

I added a couple of days of  stitches to one of the Durene Jones' pieces.

Vase of Flowers
Durene Jones
 
Progress 07/25/24
230 stitches

Then the Instagram Stitching Olympics started! 


Stitching Olympics Day 1 prompt:
Today we are to either have a “New Start or Stitch Something Started in 2024”

So.... I started something new this week!  Tia (daughter) saw this and asked for it to be stitched for her. Who am I to say NO? 😆

Stephen King House

  
First Stitch 07/21/24
Progress 07/26/24
400 stitches

This is the far left column of stitches.  If you have neem following me for a while you probably noticed that I prefer to stitch the outlines of different area before I do the insides. That is so I can make sure everything lines up like it is supposed to! 


Stitching Olympics Day 2 prompt:
Stitch something patriotic for the country of your choice.

I picked up the flag project I started a couple of weeks ago. 

Long May You Stitch
Lucy Beam from

Progress 07/27/24
153 stitches

And that is the stitching for the week!
782 stitches


Well today's rain has just started. Perfect timing?
So I am going to go check out today's Stitching Olympic Event.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Nice new starts,for your Olympic stitching.
Our sunshine is here at last, but now I want to watch the sports ! you just can't win with this weather.
Sorry about your nasty weather.
Have a great week hugs June.

Manuela said...

Hello June,
two wonderful new starts. I'm looking what you stitch during the olympics games.
Have a nice week, Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

You had a really good stitching week, Faith. I really like the flag piece you are working on.

Katie said...

I love that we are stitching this Olympics challenge together. Hugs sweetie. I love your beautiful stitching. I am enjoying these crazy challenges so much.

Carol said...

You're so correct, Faith--the weather everywhere is absolutely unpredictable these days. All of your projects are looking so cute. I love that your daughter asks you to stitch things for her :) The Olympics stitching looks like a great way to work on older WIPs. Hope your August is a good one! ♥