I know I am a little late but better late than never?! ha ha I have participated in this SAL but have been a "drop-out" since 2014.
Anyways in case you don't know what it is all about I will "try" to explain it as I know it. It is a way for Stitcher's to summarize during the weekend of every full moon what they have stitched since the last full moon. It doesn't matter what you stitch (WIPs, UFOs or new starts) or how much you stitch (one stitch or a million); if you have stitched, you are welcome to make a post and link it on Measi's Musing's WIPocalypse Page! Pretty simple huh?
Also there will be a monthly question or topic to answer and/or talk about so we can all get to know each other better! I am pretty sure answering this is optional though so don't let that scare you off.
So the first topic is...
Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
My name is Faith and I am the very proud mother of two adult children and one wonderful grandson. We are originally from the Chicago, IL area and moved to Tucson, AZ a couple of years ago and LOVE it!
Additionally we have four dogs, one turtle and a bird! You can see a couple of pictures of them here.
I have been cross stitching since 1995 and have taken time off here and there whenever my mojo has decided to go on vacation. Luckily it always returns but it brings back more projects (souvenirs?) to stitch! I also like to TRY other crafty things and am currently gaining the courage and collecting advice from friends to make a quilt. I also LOVE to assemble jigsaw puzzles and have really gotten into it over the past year.
As for my "planned" projects
for 2018 this is my list!
(in alphabetical order)
- A-Mazing Friends SAL, Ursula Michael, started March 2016, last stitched April 2016 (will probably toss)
- Beaded Elegance Ornaments, Dimensions Kit, started November 2004, last stitched January 2014
- Christmas Rules, Lizzie*Kate, plan to start in 2018
- Dinosaurs!, Flumpkin X-Stitchers, started January 2012, last stitched August 2016
- The Enchanted Christmas Snowman, HaED, plan to start in 2018
- Flowers of the Month, EMS, started July 2012, last stitched July 2012
- Fractal Bookmark 405, Cross Stitch Collectibles, started June 2015, last stitched June 2015 (will probably toss)
- From My Heart to Yours, Carla Rizzie, started February 2011, last stitched January 2011
- Full Bloom, Cross-Stitch-Art, started January 2012, last stitched January 2016
- Fun Every Day, SamSarah Design Studio, started January 2016, last stitched April 2016
- The Golden Girls, WeeLittleStitches, plan to start in 2018
- Halloween Banner, Stoney Creek, plan to start in 2018
- His Name Is Jesus, Joyful Expressions, started January 2012, last stitched June 2012
- Nintendo SAL, Armada Designs, plan to start in 2018
- Rose of Sharon, Design Connection, started January 2012, last stitched March 2014
- Stained Glass, Love Thy Thread, started June 2014, last stitched August 2014
- Super…docious, Sue Hillis, plan to start in 2018
- Twisted Rainbow Sampler, Northern Expressions Needlework, started January 2016, last stitched March 2016
- Well Hello There! Monthly Series, Hands on Design, 2 more months to do!
The list seems so long to me but I guess it is not that long. I hope to make some good progress on these this year and hopefully even put one or two in the finished pile!
I think all of the ones that are started already can be seen on my WIPs /UFOs page.
If you would like to find out more
or sign up for the 2018 WIPocalypse
or sign up for the 2018 WIPocalypse
Thanks for stopping by,
see ya next time!