Sunday, July 08, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/08/18

Hi there friends!

I hope that all of you that are experiencing hot temperatures in your area are finding ways to keep cool! Maybe parked in front of the fan in your air conditioned house with your feet up and stitching in your lap? 😉

This last week (or two) I have been working on my perpetual calendar. Filling in the background on each tag is boring and makes my mind wander. I am sure many of you can relate to boring stitch areas! Anyways... I finally managed to finish the tags for the First and February and was working on Friday (hmmm all nice F words).

Fun Every Day

First
Finished 07/01/18

February
Finished 07/06/18

Friday
Progress as of 07/08/18

This is finish four and five and a good start on six of the series which consists of 48! Now it goes away so I can see what is next in the WIP Box which I have a feeling is either Christmas or Halloween!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

16 comments:

Justine said...

Love this design Faith, what a great thing to have in your home when it's done! Stay cool.

Brigitte said...

It's also hot here but not as hot as at your place.
This perpetual calendar is a great thing, Faith. And I saw immediately that you were dedicated to the letter F lately, lol. All this filling in must be boring, I don't like stitching filling in areas either.

Manuela said...

Wonderful finishes.

Mary said...

These are so sweet,I love the flower in the heart. The fill in areas are great when you are watching tv and don't need to concentrate.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Faith. I have seen this set on several blogs over the years. Yours looks great.

Linda

Carol said...

Very nice progress, Faith--I've always admired the patience of those of you who are stitching this perpetual calendar! Not sure I could handle all of that background fill-in :)

diamondc said...

Faith: Oh my goodness, 48 that is a challenge for me.
Nice designs.
It is always fun to get to a new stitch, I look forward to seeing what you pick in your basket.

Catherine

Rhona said...

Your calendar looks wonderful....even although it's a bit boring to stitch! It will be worth it in the end.

A new start is always fun (even if it is a WIP!)

Rachel said...

I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to in-fill blocks and background so hope you didn't find it too tedious. The difference is well worth the effort. Looking forward to seeing what's up next... :)

Katie said...

No you aren't allowed to post this one. I love it haha. Great work on it. Congrats on all the F progress haha.

Sheryl said...

This perpetual calendar looks interesting and I like the red heart design. pretty stitching.

Deb said...

They all look beautiful! At least your F words were ahppy ones. Mine turned into frog, lol

Lili said...

This project is so cool! Love your progress!!

Bethan said...

A lovely project - I can see why the background can make your mind wander; there is a lot of it! x

Astrids dragon said...

Those are fine looking F words... Faith included!

Mii Stitch said...

Very brave to stitch a perpetual calendar! It looks great, keep stitching :)