Sunday, October 21, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 10/21/18

Hi friends!

This week I feel like I am going backwards in stitching. The project for this week is Fun Every Day which one day will be a perpetual calendar if I ever finish all these tags!

Last time I worked on this one I was working on the Friday tag so I pulled it out and got to stitching. Well, I kept looking at it while I was stitching it. Finally when I got in a decent amount of stitches I took a really good look at the piece and decided that I am using the WRONG color purple!

Fun Every Day
Friday
Progress as of 10/19/18

I circled the two different purples so you can see it easier though after I discovered it that was all I could see!  I contemplated trying to frog the wrong color and posted about it on FB but a lot of my friends said DON'T DO IT! and I decided they were probably right. Frogging is not very friendly to perforated paper. 

Here is my new start on Friday.
Progress as of 10/21/18

The tags fit three across on the perforated paper so I do the borders for all three of them first.

I guess I know what I will be keeping out for another week...

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

Linda said...

I think the purple looks fine. It looks like a shadow. I have seen this series stitched several times.

Linda

Rachel said...

Oh, how frustrating. It doesn't look too bad but I suppose you'll always know it's there. Have you stitched any other days of the week? If not, have you thought about adjusting their background colours to match this mistake? Then at least they'd all be consistent. :)

Justine said...

Oh no Faith what a pity! I love this project. It's worth doing properly for your piece of mind!

Rhona said...

Oh I hate when this happens. Do whatever you feel is right for you

diamondc said...

Faith: I like the two colors together, I have tried to frog on perforated paper ewww it was terrible.
I am looking foreword to seeing the others done.

Catherine

Katie said...

Oh I see the difference and would have done the same thing you did. I agree. Frogging on the paper wouldn't work.

Astrids dragon said...

Oops! But I might have been tempted to leave it, I like the shadow look.

Lili said...

So sorry, Faith! To be honest, I really like the two purples together! This project is amazing, I really hope that you keep stitching it! Hugs!

RJ said...

Well I know already you started it over and I'm glad you did. This way you will be totally happy with it. RJ

Bethan said...

The purple looks absolutely fine - I had to stare at it for a fair bit to even understand what you were circling x