Sunday, November 11, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 11/11/18

This week I have some exciting news for you!

I have a finished!! I put the last of the stitches and buttons on yesterday and I couldn't be happier!

Christmas Rules
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
First Stitch 01/12/18
Finished 11/11/18

Now to finish it off into a banner for Christmas. Hopefully the banner making process goes smoother this time around. 

Also this week I took an Introduction to Quilting Class. I made my very first quilt square - yay! I did not know that assembling a quilt square was so tedious and meticulous... wow but I managed to get through it. 

With the help of the instructor it came out perfect! Now I need to see if I can do one on my own. I just have to remember all the stuff she told me... ha ha ha 

Then to top it all off Chrome stopped working on my computer - YUCK! My son said switch over to Fox Fire it's better anyway. So I did and it is NOT! I couldn't have the internet open and do anything else because the computer would just lock up and do nothing and I had to restart it time and again. I finally got Chrome working again and I am very happy and content again. I don't do well with change, so thank goodness it started working again, 

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

13 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Well done on a fantastic finish :) It looks brilliant, and finished in time for Christmas. Your quilt square is pretty. Enjoy! Hugs x

Astrids dragon said...

It looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing it in a banner!
That is a perfect square, good for you. Maybe you can fancy up the banner with quilting now?!

Linda said...

Congrats on the outstanding and gorgeous finish Faith. Your quilt square looks great. I don't deal with change either.

Linda

Manuela said...

Wonderful finish on your Christmas Rules.
Your first patchwork block looks great.
Manuela

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finish and good luck making it into a banner. Hopefully your quilt square will have given you a bit more confidence this second time around. :)

Rhona said...

Love your Lizzie Kate finish. Hope all goes well making it in to a banner.
Your quilt square looks really good too.

Lili said...

Congratulations, Faith! I had so much fun follow your progress! Is a lovely Christmas piece!!

Your quilt square is fantastic!! :)

Katie said...

Congrats on the fantastic finish and good luck with the finishing off. Love your quilt. Good luck remembering the tricks. I hate change too when it comes to computers. I've never used Chrome so I don't know how different it is from Firefox. Hope it stays working for you.

diamondc said...

Faith: Lizzie Kate is a finish, what will you be doing next?
just curious.
The quilt block is beautiful, I bet the next block will be easier.
Sometimes I just go into the computer to an earlier date restore this has saved me a lot of wasted time.

Catherine

Bethan said...

Well done on your finish :) Your block looks brilliant and very neat x

RJ said...

Wow what a wonderful finish Faith. Your first block came out perfect. LOVE it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

Yay! It looks great, Faith! Congratulations. And good for you for venturing into quilting... I always thought that might be something I would enjoy, too, but haven't done anything about it. Your block looks perfect!

FlashinScissors said...

Well done with your LK finish!
And well done venturing into quilting ..... it’s such fun trying something new, isn’t it? Even if it is scary at first!
Computers are great ..... as long as you know what you are doing! Duh! I had problems not being able to comment for months after getting a new laptop, then a blogging friend mentioned she had realised it was caused by trying to use Safari on her iPad and Chrome on her laptop. 💡 then I had a lightbulb moment realising that was where I was going wrong! Now I can comment again!
Barbara x