Sunday, August 09, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 08/09/20

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I hope that everyone was able to have a great crafty week.  Next week school starts here which will bring everyone an entire new experience. Jacob will be going to school via Zoom and just like being in class he has to sit there in front of the monitor for the entire school day. I think it may be a bit difficult for kids to sit in front of the laptop all day without getting antsy but we will have to see how it goes since that seriously beats the alternative of in person class.

A Year of Celebrations
September
Designer - Hands On Design

Mini Finish 08/09/20

I changed a couple of things on this one like his glasses for one; they had them outlined in brown which of course couldn't be seen on that dark green floss. Also where it says ABC 123 it was suppose to say Aa Bb Cc Dd Ed with the Ee on the other side of the books. I was thinking that whenever I say "Go to school and learn your ABCs" at the end of the sentence gets added "and 123s" not D and E" so I changed that too and am pretty pleased with it. 

A couple of weeks ago Astrid showed her new needle minders and I told her I would show mine soon.

I made my own needle minder board (with the help of Jacob and Tia) a while ago because I **might** have gone a tad bit overboard buying minders.

If you are interested here are the pictures showing how I did it:

First I bought these magnetic bulletin boards from Ikea. These were not the first boards I bought; I had been to Ikea and looked at lots of boards but didn't buy them then because I was still shopping around. Then the first ones I ordered were NOT magnetic, so it was back to the drawing board to get it right.

These are the things I used to glue the two boards together. I tried lots of other things (crazy glue, super crazy glue, super gorilla glue) before this glue but nothing else worked! Thank goodness for E6000!!



               


















I had to have Jacob clamp them together because I couldn't even open the stinking clamps let alone get them attached to the boards! We had to weigh them down because as soon as we let them go after clamping them together they flew up and tried to close like  a book!

It had to stay clamped for three days to make sure the E6000 stayed set and what do you know; it worked! YIPPEE


Tia hung it on the wall. We had to use Command Hooks to hang it. If you have ever lived in or visited Tuscon then you know that the wall here are mostly made out of brink, cement and adobe which is not really hammer and nail friendly and we have broken many drill bits trying to hang stuff here.

The cabinet to the right of the boards is where I store most of my cross stitch charts.

A couple of years ago I assembled this puzzle and glued it together in anticipation of this project!

 

I attached it (not to centered!) to the boards with Command adhesive strips.

And here it is displaying my
Needle Minder Collection!
I told you I went a bit overboard!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Nice stitching .
And OMG you do have allot of Needle Minders .
And what a great idea to show then off.
Enjoy your new week .
Thanks for your comments on my blog .

Manuela said...

Wonderful September stitching.
Schools begin in three weeks for my daughter.
Your Needleminder Board is great. A perfect idea for your puzzle.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Linda said...

Congrats on another adorable finish Faith. I love the way you changed it. I might have to do that. Your minder board looks great.

Linda

Mary said...

I like your adaptation of Sept HOD, your really moving along on them. My sister is a librarian in an elementary school and is very nervous about going back as she has health issues. I can't see the kids wearing their masks at all times.

Great needleminder, I love that you used the pretty puzzle. Boy, did you have a fun time buying the needleminders!!

Cathy said...

I love the changes you made to September and the Needle Minder Display Board looks great. My granddaughter was supposed to start school on the 19th, but that's been moved to September 1st since they're waiting for approval to do in-person classes.

Katie said...

Love your stitching and your changes. Great idea. I just LOVE your needle minder collection. So cool! I will have to show mine sometime.

Rhona said...

Lovely stitching and your changes look great.
Wow....you certainly have a fine collection of needle minders! :)

Astrids dragon said...

An adorable finish, perfect changes.
Well look at you, all fancy with your magnetic board, it looks fantastic! I'd say you have quite the collection, one can never have enough and you even have space for plenty more!
Nathan goes back to school on the 31st. They seem to have everything covered, including trying to have class outside as often as they can. He might need a really heavy winter coat!

Rachel said...

Congrats on finishing September. I agree with the changes; school things are always ABC123.
I nearly choked when I saw all your needle minders! I have 8 and thought that was a bit OTT. You must have well over 100 on there - is that one for each WIP?!!! :)