Sunday, August 16, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 08/16/20

 Well I guess they really want us to start using this new blogger so here goes  nothing...

Home schooling started this week for Jacob and he seems to be off to a good start with it. They don't seem to have done a lot of things this week but he seems to be enjoying it so far but what teenager wouldn't want to just roll out of bed in the morning and be at school instead of the whole morning routine of getting to school? I think he is missing the social interaction though but hopefully this virus will get under control one day and we can return to our "normal" days.

This week I decide to put in some work on this old piece. I think it is the oldest one in my WIP Box and it would be awesome to finish it this year but there is a lot to still stitch on it. 

Rose of Sharon 

Design Connection

Progress 08/16/20

Well that wasn't so bad and I only ran into a problem or two. Does anyone know how to remove the spaces between the lines of text such as the design name and designer I have above the photo? I looked at a few things in the menu bar but unfortunately I just couldn't get it to work. On the text below this paragraph I typed it in a blank page of word and then copied and pasted it from there and it came out just how I wanted it but I really don't want to do that every time I blog. 

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see ya next week with another faithful update!

16 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello Faith,
wonderful progress. I like the cross stitch project very much and I very glad when you show an update.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely progress, it's great to see your work. I'm sorry I can't help with the spacing.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely progress on the quilt piece, Faith! Will you continue on with it this week?

Linda said...

Great progress Faith. It looks awesome.

Linda

Katie said...

Beautiful progress! I haven't messed with the new format enough. Sorry can't help.

Sheryl said...

This design looks too pretty not to finish, I like the colours. I haven´t messed with the new blogger yet - not until I have to.

diamondc said...

Faith: This is such a pretty design, I do hope you finish it.
I think you can go into edit and use an eraser to remove the words.
Or try going into the photo section click on the photo with the words and use the eraser which should be in the upper part of the page.
Hope this helps.
I do wish i could have just jumped out of bed and been at school instead of walking 11 blocks.



Catherine

butterfly said...

I am also using the the new blog way too.
I found it not to bad and we will soon get use to it .
The only thing I don't like is not having the comments coming back tomy email.

Love your stitching so pretty .

Mary said...

Faith, The Rose of Sharon is a pretty pattern. Lots of fill in which is good when you don't have to concentrate. Have fun with the homeschooling!!

RJ said...

Gorgeous stitch Faith. It is such a lovely pattern and you are progressing quickly. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Cathy said...

Lovely stitching this week. I've been using the new blogger for a while now, but I've never put words on a picture so I can't help you there. As for the caption, click on the picture that's been uploaded and a menu should appear. Click the icon that looks kind of like an = and "Add Caption" will appear under the picture. Highlight those words and type in your caption.

FlashinScissors said...

Ugh! It really doesn’t encourage one to use the system!
I can’t help as I’m trying not to use new Blogger! They are just pushing me over to Instagram, which is a little easier, as long as you don’t want to write too much! 🥴

Your stitching looks lovely!

I never had far to go to school!!

Hugs,
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

I'm glad to hear that Jacob is doing well, Nathan will be going back on Monday.
Rose of Sharon is lovely, get stitching so you can finish it!
Sorry I can't help out with the new blogger, I've been avoiding it for as long as possible.

Mary's Thread said...

It's very pretty! We've got 4 doing "zoom school" at our house and it's going a lot better than I expected. They all do miss their friends and I miss my quiet time but I think the attitude to have is to enjoy their company for now since when school is in session we only get a few hours together a day! But granted this HAS been a lot of family together time this year! Hope things go well with your school at home!

Annie said...

It's so satisfying to work on an old WIP and get some progress done!

Rachel said...

How lovely to see the delicate colours of Rose of Sharon again. Guess it will remain a WIP going into 2021 but hopefully not for too long. :)