Sunday, January 22, 2023

My Sunday Stitchy Update 01/22/23

Good Afternoon Everyone! I hope that you are having a great day. 

This week we are having a horrible cold snap here in the desert. The morning have been in the 20s or 30s! Brrr I know it is colder in other parts of the country but I think that in the desert it should always be hot or at the very least warm.

This week in my stitching department I finished up one piece and started more!  So let's get to it. The first one up is the finish. I finished stitching this on Tuesday. 

The Meditative Mandala
(Circle)
Finished 01/17/23

The Mandalas use DMC thread and I did NOT mark up the charts so if you would like them send me a message and if you are the first one then I will mail them out to you. I just want to start cleaning things out of my stitching pile that I won't be using anymore!! 

Then I thought I would start something else new and I wanted to get this Christmas SAL stitched up and it looks like wouldn't take to long so it seemed like it was meant to be. I had a piece of blue fabric I wanted to use for it so I went into my stash to get it and I can't find it anywhere! I had a pile of colored fabric along with some black but I don't know where I put it!!  So I looked for some other color fabric because I didn't want to use white and I wasn't really in the mood to dye any. All the fabric I found was to short or just not the right color for me. Out of desperation I found a piece of fabric I thought might work even though I don't like it because the fabric is very stiff. Luckily or unluckily (depends on how you look at it) the floss colors didn't work with this fabric! 

The Christmas Banner
Designer - Alyssa
Stitched and stopped on 01/18/23
Once I find my blue piece of fabric I plan on starting again!

Just an FYI ~ Alyssa usually has two or three free SALs a year so if you are interested you can sign up for her newsletter. She mentions them in her newsletter and reminds you to go sign up for the SAL. Once she has distributed all the parts she removes the free files and puts them up for sale. 

So now the dilemma of finding a new piece to stitch. So I looked around and decided to start The Blackwork SAL! I found a piece of fabric that I was satisfied with and looked through my floss cabinet for some floss. I decided to do it all in one color and the color is orange. Why orange? I don't know except that I don't really have anything stitched in orange so I thought why not, I think it would be a good choice! 

Rhona and Eirinn Norrie
First Stitch 01/19/23
Progress 01/22/23
 
Another FYI ~ This is another designer who offers many free charts through out the year. One year she had a cute Christmas ornament each month. Just sign up for their newsletter so you know when they are posted to their page!

Well I think I have given you guys was to much
to read for today so I am going to wrap this up now!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

7 comments:

MartinaM said...

Congratulations on the finished mandala.
too bad you didn't find the material, maybe it will show up when you're not looking for it.
Have fun with the SAL's.
happy stitching
Martina

butterfly said...

Well done , hope you find you find the right material soon .
Have a good week. Hugs June.

Rachel said...

Oh, how frustrating! I hope you find your missing fabric soon.
Great start on the Blackwork SAL. Looks like it will be a lovely project to pick up for a day or two each week.

Robin in Virginia said...

Faith, well done getting your mandala finished! It looks fabulous. You are off to a good start on the blackwork piece. Have a good week!

Katie said...

Beautiful finish and new start. Hope you find your fabric soon. I hate when I put something somewhere so I will remember it then it sits and laughs as I look everywhere for it haha.

Manuela said...

The mandala looks great.
Wonderful new projects. I'm looking forward to your progess.
Have a nice week Manuela

Carol said...

Now, that IS cold for you, Faith--and cold for us, even. At least this year! Right now it's 46! Warm for the end of January!

So frustrating about the fabric--I've had the same thing happen to me and I even keep all my fabric in the same cupboard! Did it just vanish?! Or maybe I was just imagining that I had it :)

Your mandala looks wonderful and your new start is very pretty. I hope your last few days of January (can you believe it?!) are good ones. ♥