Sunday, July 07, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/07/24

 Well here we are... Another week, another post! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Nothing exciting happening in my part of the world. I think it is just to darn hot for people to do anything besides nothing. I did go and meet my friends in the mall for our stitching gathering and I put the sun visor in the front window when I got out of the car. Three hours later when I got back to my car it was so hot in there I couldn't even touch my seatbelt without burning my fingers! I think I need a cover for my entire car to keep it cool. I hope it is not that hot where you are. 

Well on to the stitching... This week I only stitched on two pieces. The first one is one of my Christmas ornaments! 

Small Christmas Ornaments
Santa
Durene Jones
 
Progress 07/03/24
516 stitches added

He still needs a little backstitching and I plan on getting it in soon! I think he is pretty adorable though!!


Next it was Independence Day here in the United States so for one of my challenges we had to start something patriotic. We needed to stitch either 500, 1000 or 1776 stitches in four days. As you can probably tell I went for the 500 stitches!

Long May You Stitch
Lucy Beam from
Love In Stitches
Progress 07/04/24
506 stitches

Now I am going to put this away for a couple of days and find another WIP to work on. 

So I am off to spin the wheel to see what I land on!

Thanks for stopping by and checking
out my stitches, I appreciate it!

Have a great week and I hope you get in lots of Xs.

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ     ๐Ÿ’œ   ๐Ÿ’œ   ๐Ÿ’œ     ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

6 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh yes, the little Santa is cute. I'm excited to see what comes next.
I've finished a piece for Christmas in July, I just have to finish it, but I'm taking my time.
Have a nice week, Martina

butterfly said...

Love the Santa.
Can you send some sunshine , it's cold here and raining .
You can count the sunny days on one hand here.
People are getting so low with the weather I hope Summer will come soon , hugs June.

Manuela said...

The little Santa will be so cute.
The other one, looks great. You have made a good progress.
We have not so hot weather here in North Germany.
Have a nice week. Manuela

diamondc said...

Hello faith: It has not been hot here just perfect in low 80s, cars can get so hot, I dislike that people leave animals and children in cars that are not running.
Your Santa is adorable, Long May You Stitch is a very nice design, nice progress on it.
I hope you had a great Fourth.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Your ornament is looking so good, Faith. Good start on the flag piece! Have a good week, stay cool and keep hydrated.

Katie said...

Great work on your WIPs. Love the Santa and the patriotic piece is of course fantastic. Congrats on hitting your goal.