Monday, October 21, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 10/20/24

Hello and Happy Sunday. We made it through another week and that is a blessing. Our temperatures are FINALLY going down and we had a few days under 90° and even had a day in the 70s! What a difference the temperatures make. 

I haven't really been doing anything else except trying to slowly clean out and straighten my stitching cabinets. It can be pretty tiring and time consuming but I haven't done this in quite a while so it is long overdue. I will take some of the stuff to my stitching group to see if anyone wants it. If not I will call around for a donation place that might be interested. Last resort will be the Goodwill or some place like that because I would rather give it to someone that needs and will use it.

But anyways, I would like to show you this week's stitching! 

Last Sunday I worked on the Vase of Flowers. I was caught up in a movie and didn't get very many stitches put in but some are better than none. I did not have a prompt so I was just stitching.

Vase of Flowers

Progress 10/13/24
I only managed to get in 71 stitches!


Then on Monday the prompt I had was "Stitch on a project that reminds you or makes you think of someone who has been a father figure in your life." That piece would have had to have been something with American Indians or Indigenous Americans on it but I have nothing like that in my stash. Once my Dad passed I stopped buying those types of charts since he was the only one who appreciated those types of scenes. So I stitched this piece instead and took the penalty.

I Stitch Sampler
Rhona Norrie
 
Progress 10/14/24
I put in 214 stitches on this.


The prompt on Tuesday was to "Stitch on a project that contains a gem or a Phoenix." I consider the Stars are gems that light up the sky so I stitched on the piece with the American Flag. 

 Long May You Stitch
Lucy Beam from
Added 104 stitches on 10/15/24


Nintendo
Contra
Armada Designs
I stitched on Nintendo for three days so I am posting them all together for you.

Wednesday's prompt was "Stitch on a project you have adapted to make it your own."

The layout is the change I made to the design. The one on the left is the designer's layout and the other one is mine. You would have to look at the names to see how I am arranging them. They will be in order of their original release date. 
 

On Thursday I needed to Stitch on something that includes an item you would find at a carnival and Friday I needed to Stitch on something that contains a tree.

  
On the entire chart I saw some cartoon characters the kids used to play with like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Disney characters to name a couple and said you would find them at the carnival as stuffies. On Friday I had to stitch some trees which this block is full of!

Progress on 10/18/24
I added 102 stitches on Wednesday and 100 on each of the other days.


Then over the weekend I needed to "Stitch on something that you’re so excited to work on that's distracting you from other projects or tasks you need to do." Well the Christmas ornaments definitely fit that prompt because I just keep thinking that Christmas is creeping up pretty fast! So I started the Elf ornament which is the fifth one out of the six.

Small Christmas Ornaments
Durene Jones

Progress 10/19 & 10/20
Put in a total of 256 stitches.

And there you have it,
a wide variety of projects!

Thanks for stopping by to see what keeps me busy in the evenings.

When do you stitch? In the mornings? Evenings? All Day? I mainly stitch in the evening after dinner. Sometimes I get in more time on the weekends because I don't usually have to cook dinner.

Well thanks again and I hope you will come back soon.
😊
Enjoy your week.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Another of awesome progress, Faith! I typically stitch after dinner; however, if I finish my chores, I will spend an hour or so stitching during the afternoon. It is definitely more productive than sitting at the computer and playing games. Have a great week!