Sunday, February 06, 2011

Weekly Update

This week has been an exciting week...not very productive though!

FAMILY
This week Tia; my daughter graduated from college! YEAH!! She received a Bachelors of Arts in Education with a major in Psychology. I am VERY PROUD of her. It has not been so easy for her because she also works full time and is a single mom to my WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC grandson Jacob. Now her next step will be to look for something in her field and continue on with her education so she can receive her Masters!

WEATHER
What a wild weather week we had in Chicagoland! The weather forecasters had been warning us for days that we were going to get a major storm. They predicted up to 24 inches of snow in 24 hours and for a change ~ they were RIGHT! Go figure...
On Tuesday is started snowing in the early afternoon and never stopped until Wednesday afternoon. This is what it looked like when it started snowing...notice our flowerpots here in our front yard.

and this is what the flowerpots looked like the next morning!
We did end up with about 24 inches and in some places the drifts were 3 feet high or more. This is a picture of what it looked out directly out our front door before we shoveled


and after we shoveled! Then OF COURSE the plow came and buried the driveway again! So our very kind neighbor came out and cleaned the bottom of our driveway and the street with her snowblower!
This is our cars in the driveway


before, during and after!
The dogs were even confused by all the snow! Though the lab managed

to jump over the snow the dachshund was trapped! Poor Cujo... ;)

STITCHING
I did manage to stitch up the last of the LK Christmas Blessings. This week I stitched Family, Faith, Home and Peace.
I already purchased the felt that I am going to use to make them into ornaments. Just need to get it all cut and ready and find my Crop-A-Dile so I can assemble them ;)
This is what I plan on stitching next... SamSarah's Egg Delivery!

READING
This week I listened to James Patterson's Cross Fire but I haven't finished Lee Child's The Enemy yet. I am just about thru with it and hope to finish it this week.
Thanks for stopping by...see ya next week ;)

No comments: