Monday, June 25, 2018

June 2018 WIPocalypse Check-in

Hello Everyone!

The June WIPocalypse Check-in is here!!

The WIPocalypse was created to make sure everyone gets in some progress on their projects before the world ends! Every month we show our progress and answer a fun question so that we can all get to know each other a little better.

Click on this badge to find out more information about this fun event! 
You can even join in if you like at any time and for
any months you want, there are NO RULES!


Here is my stitching progress for the last month...

Christmas Rules
Keep Schedule Light
Rule Seven
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
First Stitch 01/12/18
this is where it was last time you saw it

and here it is now
Progress as of 05/28/18


I had a FINISH this month!
Christmas Penguin
Designer - Gill Cooper
this was the progress on Christmas Penguin in February

Finished 06/06/18


Next was a new start!
The Enchanted Christmas Snowman 
Artist - Dona Gelsinger
New Start 06/09/18
and here is how far I got on it
Progress as of 06/17/18


last but not least for the month
Scary Night Halloween
Section Six
Designer - Stoney Creek
First Stitch 02/26/18
 this is where I left it last month


 Section Six
Sections Three thru Six
Progress as of 06/24/18


This month's question is one that could have a million answers!

Tell us what you think the ideal stitching retreat would include.

I have been to a few retreats and they are FUN! The most important parts of any retreat is friends (new and old), stitching and lots of food of course. Some other things I love seeing at retreats are designers, I love being able to talk to them in person while seeing all their designs. Another fun thing is meeting the people who sell the important things we all use when we are stitching like the people who dye the fabric we lust after. Also the ones that make the Q-Snap covers, needle minders, tote bags and, and, and... the list is ENDLESS! Another great thing at a retreat might be some of the people who run the LNS. Maybe all these vendors could bring a small selection of items to sell; I mean what is better than shopping and instant gratification?? 

I am sure there are many other things people would love to see at retreats so I will have to go around to see other stitcher's answers! If you want to see all the answers too check out this blog post for links to their answers!

Thanks for stopping by,
see ya next month for
another WIPocalypse update!


ps... I THINK my comments are finally fixed and back to normal. Thanks Katie and Jo!!
There are still no email notifications about comments from yahoo users but the others seem to work!
YAY!!
      

13 comments:

Katie said...

Great progress this month on your projects. They all look great. A finish even too Wohoo! I agree with your answers about the retreat. I loved with PALs Myrtle Beach retreat we had several designer vendors setup. It was bad on the checking account but good for me haha.

RJ said...

Great progress Faith. I love the little penguin...so adorable. You are really getting a lot done. The retreats sound like so much fun. I've never been to one but would love to go. Sounds like great things you get to see. Oh yes you need to be able to buy all of those great things. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Manuela said...

So wonderful progress and finish. The little penguin is very cute.
Manuela

Debbie said...

Great progress Faith...love your penguin design. So cute. x

Linda said...

Congrats on the awesome progress this month Faith.

Linda

Carol said...

Nice progress on all, Faith--and your little penguin finish is adorable. I love his Merry Christmas scarf :)

Lili said...

Beautiful progress this month, Faith! You have such great stitching projects!

Astrids dragon said...

Your Christmas Rules looks great and I LOVE your Scary Night Halloween!

Rachel said...

Another month of good and steady progress; WIPocalypse is definitely doing the job it's meant to be doing (but perhaps without the cheeky new start!) :)

Mii Stitch said...

Great work on your stitching and various projects! I love all of them :)

Bethan said...

Great progress; the penguin is very cute! I look forward to seeing your new project grow too x

Meari said...

I just love your penguin finish. He is soooo cute! Nice progress on your WIPs.

Justine said...

So many cute projects...The little sheep, the sweet penguin and those awesome witchy legs! However did I spot that you had sneaked in an insy teeny weeny new start?!