Sunday, July 22, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/22/18

Hi Everyone!

I have been busy floss organizing and trying to fit in some stitching time in the middle of all that!

I have just about two complete sets of DMC in my stash. Why you ask... well my daughter says I have a touch of OCD about my stuff and once I started stitching I HAD TO HAVE a complete set which led me to buying more than I needed when they used to have great sales on DMC. I found it handy though because I don't like running out of a color when I am in he middle of stitching something. So lately when I bought the new colors or have run out of a color, instead of bobbinating and putting them away I have been throwing them into a bowl near my stash to do "later." Well later finally showed up so I have been busy putting things away.

Tada... here is my organized DMC!

This is my floss cabinet. I think I have had it since 2004. I went to a stitching retreat at a friend/shopkeepers home in Kentucky way back then and one of her customer's husband made three of these to sell at the retreat! I felt sooo lucky to be able to get one.

This is how the drawers look inside the cabinet. The sections are just wide enough for the bobbins. I used my labeler machine to label all the sections. The lid on the top of the floss cabinet also lifts up for storage. 

This is the second set of DMC. Once a color in the cabinet runs out I replace it with the floss from the trays and I keep the empty bobbins together in my purse so I can easily see the colors I need whenever I am out shopping. 

Now on to the stitching...

Christmas Rules
Share Your Toys
Rule Eight
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
First Stitch 01/12/18
Progress as of 07/22/18

Four more rules to go!!


I am stitching this piece as part of
There is lots of great Christmas stitching there please
click the badge if you want to go over and take a peek!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

15 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the wooden cabinet with drawers for your floss. It is gorgeous. Your LK piece looks great.

Linda said...

I am so jealous of your floss cabinet Faith. It's awesome. Another great finish on Christmas Rules.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Wow! Your floss wooden cabinet is much better than my 2 plastic boxes :) I am so proud to have the whole DMC set too, but lucky you to have it twice!! The skeins are so much cheaper in your part of the world :) Great progress on the cute Christmas LK design.

Rachel said...

I agree; bobbinating can take a long time but is so satisfying when you see all the colours arranged neatly, especially in your fantastic cabinet!
Glad you found some stitching time amongst the organising; Christmas Rules looks better each month. :)

Manuela said...

I like the wooden cabinet.
I use for my DMC floss boxen, too.
Wonderful progress on your wip.
Manuela

Mary said...

Your wooden cabinet is such an attractive way to store you floss. You surely are organized!! The Christmas Rules is such a fun stitch! Great progress on it.

diamondc said...

Hi Faith: Love your bobbin cabinet it is lovely.
Both stitching projects are beautiful.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

You were certainly lucky to get one of those, it's wonderful!
Only four more rules to go? Christmas will be here before we know it!

Katie said...

Beautiful cabinet. Great way to keep track. Beautiful progress!

Justine said...

I love your cabinet! I always thought I would treat myself to one when I retire from work. Many years to wait of course!
I really don't need any more LK charts but you are tempting me with Christmas Rules, it's so sweet!

RJ said...

That cabinet is a real beauty Faith. What a wonderful way to store your DMC. You do have alot of thread. I wish you were my next door neighbor so I could borrow when I can't find a color. Love your LK stitch too. RJ

Bethan said...

What an amazing floss cabinet! And such great organisation x

Megan Joelle said...

Your floss cabinet is gorgeous Faith! It's great you are so super organized :) I hadn't brought floss in ages, but ran out of one colour to finish the page I was on the other day... Out of the hundreds in my stash it was of course one of the missing numbers! I was shocked at how much the DMC has increased when I went into Spotlight (Australia) to get the missing colour. It's now $1.30 AU a skein here! :0

Lili said...

WOW!!! Your cabinet is gorgeous, Faith! You are so organized!
Lovely progress on the LK project!

The Crafty Princess said...

Beautiful cabinet Faith. I love your idea on how you organise those extra threads.

Nice progress too on your wips. Good luck with the next 4 rules
xo Alicia