Monday, October 01, 2018

September 2018 WIPocalypse Check-in

Here it is... three quarters of the year have passed us by already! I can't believe how quickly time seems to go. I know many people are making their plans for their 2019 projects already but I don't know what I really want to do yet! I may just keep working on my rotation and add in a few more projects since I have had some finishes this year. Decisions, decisions, decision; luckily I still have some time to think about it and make some of those decisions.

Now for the business at hand...

The September WIPocalypse Check-in!!

The WIPocalypse was created to encourage everyone to get in some progress on their projects before the world ends! Every month we show our progress and answer a fun question so that we can all get to know each other a little better.
Click on this badge to find out more information about this fun event
which is so graciously hosted by Measi over at Measi's Musings!

You can even join in if you like at any time and for
any months you want, there are NO HARD AND FAST RULES!

During September I stitched on the following projects...

Scary Night Halloween
Designer - Stoney Creek
First Stitch 02/26/18

Here is where the piece was when September started

and here it is at the end of the month!
FINISHED!! 09/02/18


Next up was one of my massive projects.

Nintendo SAL 
Designer - Armada Designs
First Stitch 03/26/18

Started here this month

and here is where I left off, still making those game borders!
(very boring but necessary)
Progress as of 09/09/18


And now for another big project!

Dinosaurs!
First Stitch 01/15/12

Last time I stitched it I left off here

and now I am here! 
Progress as of 09/16/18


Next up was my fun holiday piece for Christmas!

Christmas Rules
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
First Stitch 01/12/18

Last month I had Rules
One thru Nine complete

and now I have a tenth added to the list.
Progress as of 09/23/18


I even squeezed in a new start!

Secret Project
New Start 09/25/18

Unfortunately I can not show this piece at
this time but maybe one day after the holidays
(if I remember) it will make its debut.
Lucky for me this project is also a finish and just needs to be framed to gift giving! 
FINISHED 09/28/18


And last but NOT least - 

Hearts All Around
Designer - Faithfully Stitching Designs
First Stitch 04/22/18

This is where I started the month at

and here is where I am now!
It looks like I changed the color of the fabric! LOL
Progress as of 09/30/18


Question of the Month: 
        How do you keep your stitching stash organized?

This is a question that is kinda scary to me because it shows just how much stuff (all of it good) that I have in my XS Stash! So I will gladly show you some of it!

I have two complete sets (and some extra stragglers here and there) of DMC Floss with the exception of the newer colors that they have released and the Coloris line.

This is my floss cabinet where I keep my first set of DMC that I usually use.

 The drawers of the cabinet are on the left and my second set of floss in floss trays are on the right.

This is how I store my charts.
They are all alphabetized by chart name. I have all the titles along
with the details of the charts listed in a database I created years ago.
I also have a couple of index card boxes with LK size charts.

Do NOT ask me how many charts I have because
I don't want to admit to how many there are! LOL 
😁

Some of my fabric stash.
Somehow it never seems to stay organised!

And then of course there is the ever so important
WIP Box! 
Each envelope has any special things that are needed for
the chart so I can keep it all together with the stitched piece.

Sometimes I just like to look thru some of this stuff to remind me of all the things I want to stitch or just to give myself a little pick-me-up!

Thanks for stopping by
and for looking at my stash
see ya at the end of next month
for another WIPocalypse update!

9 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Faith: You have some wonderful projects going, wow I am always impressed with stitchers that have more then one project going, I am a OCD about stitching.
I keep my floss on bobbins in plastic box's in a suitcase with rollers so it is easy to roll around.
I keep my patterns and magazines on a shelf so I can just flip through them when looking for something to do.
I keep my fabric in a closed cabinet because my cat likes to lay on them.
I hope you are having a great week.

Catherine

Linda said...

Awesome progress on all of your projects this month Faith. Loved seeing your storage systems. I need to find some kind of shelf thing to hold my floss boxes. I have 6 and every time I need a color its ALWAYS in the bottom box.

Linda

Cathy said...

Great progress this month! Nice stash organization, too.

Katie said...

Fantastic progress on everything! Definitely a successful month. Your stash storage looks wonderful.

Carol said...

Congratulations on that cute finish, Faith--and what wonderful progress on you many other pieces...

Lili said...

A month full of stitching! All very pretty, Faith!
I need to find a storage system for my charts, most of them are in boxes...a big mess of charts... Thanks for sharing your storage systems!

Bethan said...

Your floss organisation is so neat! And so much floss to organise! Great finish, and lots of lovely big pieces. I bet you'll be glad when you get all the boxes done on the Nintendo one x

Rachel said...

Another successful WIPocalypse month for you there, and with two finishes! Fingers crossed for next month being just as successful. :)

Astrids dragon said...

I really like Scary Night, congrats on the finish!
Look at you, all organized, you have quite the stash! It's nice to know where everything is. I love your floss cabinet!