Sunday, February 24, 2019

My Sunday Stitchy Update 02/24/19

Well this was a weird week here in Tucson!

We have sunshine on an average of around 300 days a year but this week we had snowfall! Yes you read that right - it snowed here! It snowed for about six or seven hours but it never amounted to more than what you see here in there pictures.


Thank goodness it all melted in the afternoon though it stayed kinda chilly for a couple of days but we are headed back into the 70's next week; thank goodness!  I did not move here to Tucson for cold weather! 

Then I was stitching away and I was making great progress when I noticed that in this section I added an empty row to the stitching. Since they are letters there is no way to work around it soooo a frogging we shall go.


I then decided that since I obviously can't count I would stitch it letter by letter to avoid any more mishaps!

Well as you can guess by the next picture that didn't work either! Now I missed a row of stitching! UGH... the frog was back! This time I had to rip out all the yellow and purples and start on the newt again! 


Well here is what I ended up with today!

Horrific Halloween
Section Two of Six
Designer - Stoney Creek
Progress as of 02/24/19

Luckily for me it is only a six part series so I don't HAVE to finish a section a month (which was my goal) in order to have it finished by Halloween thank goodness because right now I think I am tired of stitching this one today!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
and listening to my whining
see ya next week with another faithful update!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no! Looks like I might have sent my February Frogs off to Tuscon... sorry! Or maybe the cold weather interfered with your counting ability?! Glad it's all sorted now though, even if you didn't get the whole section finished. Maybe next time this one's out you'll be able to catch up? :)

Linda said...

That darn frog was here to Faith. I had to rip out the purple building on San Francisco twice the other day. If it hadn't been right the third time it was going in the garbage. Yours looks great now. Hopefully the frogs tired for a while.

Linda

Carol said...

Such a crazy weather pattern for you in AZ! I'm glad it melted quickly... Hope the frog is done with you for a while--that is so frustrating!

Katie said...

It must have been a snow frog that visited you. I saw some places that never get snow did. Including Las Vegas. Crazy! Sorry this piece was doomed. Hope next time it comes out you recover quickly.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your snow looks like someone sprinkled powdered sugar on the lawn. Sorry that you had to reverse stitch!

Lili said...

Your photos with that snow are so beautiful!
So sorry about the frogging...it is so frustrating...I need also to frog what I stitch last evening... Hugs x

Astrids dragon said...

One of the benefits of snow, it makes everything look pretty!
Darn frog, he outstayed his welcome for sure.

RJ said...

Snow in Arizona??? I would have loved it in Florida too.

Sorry about the frogging. My most recent stitch I had five sections I needed to frog. I think my concentration was really off. RJ

Meari said...

Nice progress on your stitching. I just wrote about the severe winter weather we've been having for two months. I'd be happy with the dusting of snow you got. I'm so ready for spring!