Sunday, June 02, 2019

My Sunday Stitchy Update 06/02/19

Did you miss me?  LOL I didn't get much stitching in on my main piece last week so there was no post but I forgot I had the piece requested by my daughter.  It was a very simple saying to chart and stitch up and it made her very happy!

Sorry if the F* word offends you...

Dainty
Designer - Faithfully Stitching Designs
First Stitch 05/19/19
Finished 05/20/19

She has always said that she is not the girly girl type, so this piece is perfect for her!

Then I took out a piece I haven't stitched for a while.  I saw that Linda had stitched a bit on her's when I visited her blog and it has been on my mind ever since and since my stitching "schedule" is all messed up I figured, why not! LOL


Pretty Little Chicago
Designer - Satsuma Street
Progress as of 06/02/19

This time around I put the finishing touches on the Picasso but I only finished working one building. 

First up is the Picasso

Chicago's Picasso is an beautiful piece of artwork situated in downtown Chicago.  Picasso gifted this sculpture to Chicago in 1967. The sculpture has also and appeared in a few films. It made it's film debut in the 1980 iconic and hilarious film The Blues Brothers. It next co-starred with Matthew Broderick in the 1986 film Ferris Bueller's Day Off and in the 1988 movie Switching Channels before appearing in The Fugitive in 1993. 

Next up we have Crain Communications Buildingformally known as The Smurfit–Stone Building. I don't really know much about this building other than it has been named for whatever corporation is the "owner" of the building. Despite all the official names this building has it is fondly known as The Diamond Building because of the shape at the top. 
Useless and Totally Random Fact: I used to work in this building. I worked on the 15th floor and I used to love looking out the windows because you can see miles of Chicago. It overlooks Grant Park where there are many events and festivals throughout the summer. This was the best building to work in during the coldest days of the winter because when you get off the train coming in from the South you do not even have to go outside to get to the office; simply just walk thru the connected tunnel system they have under the streets of Chicago called The Pedway.


Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes I did miss you, but it was worth the wait as that's an amazing amount of progress on Chicago! Love the facts about the buildings too, and the train is so cute! Next time I see those films I'll look out for the Picasso. Out of curiosity, can you say what your job was on the 15th floor (when you weren't too busy looking out of the window at the view?!) :)

Manuela said...

Like your progress on Chicago.

Robin in Virginia said...

Faith, the Chicago piece looks great. I am glad to see you working on it again.

Linda said...

Awesome progress on Chicago Faith. Now I want to work on mine some more. lol

Linda

Katie said...

Yep I missed you. Glad to see you've been stitching though. That piece for your daughter made me LOL. I'm not a girly girl either. Chicago looks great. Thanks for sharing the extra info.

Sheryl said...

Good progress on your Chicago piece and fancy stitching a building which you actually used to work in.

Lili said...

Happy that you are stitching!
Your progress on Chicago is wonderful, lovely colours! And the building that you worked is beautiful, so nice that you have stitched it!
Your piece for your daughter is so funny! ;)

Astrids dragon said...

As long as she likes it, who cares!
Chicago is looking good, especially since you know it so well. One of these days we'll make it there.

Bethan said...

Great piece for your daughter. Thank you for the information about Chicago - particularly the 'useless' fact; it's great to learn more about people x

RJ said...

Love the Chicago piece and I'm so glad you are stitching it again Faith. Is it terribly hot by you. It was so nice to be away from the heat and humidity of Florida but I'm back now and yuk it is hot. RJ