Sunday, June 30, 2019

My Sunday Stitchy Update 06/29/19

Yippeeeee!

This week I not only have a new start to show you but also a finish! yay

If you recall in my last Sunday post I said that this piece was screaming to get out the The Box for some stitches. Well I gladly obliged and put it on the q-snaps and got busy. 

I decided to start in the middle with this one and then work the border so I would have some mindless stitching to do. So after I did a couple lengths of the green, I didn't like it. For starters it is not the color of the bunny on the pdf model and then I felt that it blended into the fabric color to much. It doesn't look to bad in the picture but in person I didn't care for it. So let the frogging begin!

 And here it is with a green closer to the model color! I love how this green pops on the fabric.

Zombie Bunny
Designer - Spot Your Colors
First Stitch 06/24/19
Finished 06/29/19

I love how he looks and how good it feels to have such a quick finish.

Hope you all had a great week too!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

13 comments:

RJ said...

This color makes him look more like a zombie bunny so it was a great change. He sure is cute Faith. And your are making excellent progress too. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Katie said...

I just love this one. Jeremiah loved it too when I showed it to him. How funny. I like the lighter green you used. Better zombie than the darker green.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finish! Poor bunny though - he doesn't scare me, I just want to take him home, mend him and make him all better. But then if I did that he wouldn't be a zombie so it kind of defeats the point! He's really... cute(?)... as he is. :)

Mary said...

What a cute finish. I love Halloween stitching. The fabric is perfect and makes the bunny really stand out.

diamondc said...

Faith: The fabric is beautiful, the bunny is a hoot.

Catherine

Lili said...

Zombie bunny is so fun, great Halloween piece!
The fabric and floss colours are so pretty!
Have a lovely day!

Mary said...

I think he is a Halloween bunny!!! Cute!!

Carol said...

Definitely a perfect color for a zombie bunny, Faith! Hope your July is off to a great start :) Happy 4th!

Robin in Virginia said...

Faith, what a fun finish! I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July.

The Crafty Princess said...

Congrats on your finish. That green does look so much better on that fabric. Love Zombie Bunny.
xo Alicia

Bethan said...

Oh that green does pop - the other looked fine until I saw the new green! Such a fun finish x

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, I LOVE the zombie bunny! He's fantastic!

FlashinScissors said...

Ohhh, yes! I think you were quite right to change the colour!
He definitely looks more zombie like now!
Like Rachel, I want to take him home and mend him! Tee hee!
Hugs,
Barbara xx