Sunday, July 26, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 07/26/20

Welcome Everyone! I hope everyone is well and had a fantastic week.

This week the piece that escaped from the WIP Box was the Quilt Block Sampler.

Artist - Loretta Oliver
Progress 07/26/20

I am kind of wishy washy about how the variegated thread is coming out in the second square but I think I am going to continue with it and hope for the best. It seems so light in some places since it is black work and that is making it hard to see; especially when I tried stitching it with one thread. I switched to two threads which made it a little better but I am still not positive! What do you think? 

Well I feel that this piece is begging to stay out another week since I couldn't stitch today because I cut my finger and it keeps coming open.

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

13 comments:

Mary said...

I think the variegation looks great!! Carry on!

I cut my finger 3 days ago cleaning a cat food can...I had to keep a bandage on it as it kept on opening up. Finally healing...I hope yours heals quickly, it would be terrible to bleed on a stitch.

Manuela said...

Great progress on this sampler.
I love your colour and the variegated thread.
Have a nice week, Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

I think the second block is looking good. Hope your finger starts to mend!

butterfly said...

Love it , looks great to me .
Enjoy your stitching.

Linda said...

Sorry about the finger Faith. I think the blue looks fine.

Linda

Cathy said...

I think block 2 looks fine. I hope your finger heals quickly!

Jules said...

Looking great! I find variegated threads tricky anyway. I had to stop working on one because the threads are so completely off (different dye lots I think).

Finger cuts suck. Hope it's closing up!

Sarah said...

I think it looks great. Hope the finger heals quickly. Looking forward to the progress next week.

FlashinScissors said...

Yes, Faith, I think the variegated thread looks great, but you know what they say, if you’re not happy with it now you never will be and it’s best to change, it but only you can decide that!
Lovely stitching.
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Barbara x
I hope your finger is better now.

Bethan said...

I think the variegated thread looks fine in the second block - not too light at all! I hope your finger is nice and healed by now x

Katie said...

I think the blackwork is supposed to look delicate in my opinion. I love it with the 2 strands. Looks great!!

Rachel said...

I understand what you mean with the variegated thread. When I stitched all the Palko-Lap months last year I was selective about which parts of the variegated threads I chose. If you're not happy, best unpick it now rather than let it niggle you. From what I've read this year, you're sort of used to frogging! Good luck. :)

Astrids dragon said...

It's a little light in a few areas, but I think it looks great! Two threads help for sure.
I hope your finger is doing better by now.