Sunday, August 30, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 08/30/20

 Hey Friends!  How is it going with you guys? 

I have been feeling kinda lazy for the last week or two and haven't stitched on any of my pieces in the WIP Box. Instead I have been stitching a fun plastic canvas sign for Jacob's bedroom door since he is doing virtual school and it is taking forever!! I forgot how long it takes to stitch on plastic canvas since EVERY STINKIN' SQUARE has to be stitched... I plan on making one for Tia's door (she is working from home two or three days a week) too and since it is already started on plastic canvas it may will be another forever project! Oh well; luckily I love them and they appreciate my stitching. 

So anyways I have one side of Jacob's sign finished. 

Door Signs
Designer - Faithfully Stitching

Started 08/22/20
Progress 08/30/20

I think it looks hard to read and too busy but I think he will love it because he likes when things are just a bit different. The "fill in" on the other side of the door will be all one color so it should go much faster. 

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

RJ said...

I think Jacob will love it too Faith. I've never stitched on plastic before...learn something new every day. Hope you are doing well and ready for home schooling. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's great Faith, he'll love it.I agree it's a task to stitch on plastic - could you use half stitch for the fill?

Manuela said...

Great Idea. It looks perfect.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your son will love it, Faith! Very cool!

Mary's Thread said...

Kids just love things we make for them! This is so cool-good job! I'm sure he'll be so pleased with it!

Linda said...

Your doing a great job Faith. It looks awesome.

Linda

Carol said...

What a cute idea for Jacob, Faith. I'm sure that DID take a while to stitch, though, but it turned out great :) Happy September to you!

Annie said...

I've never stitched on plastic canvas, but there's a Xmas sign I've seen that I really love and that I'd like to have a go at... Maybe one day:D
Isn't it wonderful when our loved ones appreciate our makes:D?

DUSTY said...

Great sign !

Rachel said...

That's a good idea, and very thoughtful, even if it is a bit of PITA.
My son does goes into college just for lessons which means he's at home half the week. He has a do not disturb sign on his door, although whether he's working or gaming behind it is another matter! :)