Sunday, September 27, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 09/27/20

Hey there everyone! I hope that you had a great week! Can you believe that we are at the end of September already! This year seems to be coming to an end so quickly and I have not even stitched one ornament for my family yet! I am going to have to get moving on stuff of they will be getting their Christmas ornaments in February! 

This week I started on something new. I had decided to do the Halloween SAL from Stitchonomy. She will release a small Halloweeny type motif each day of October that goes into a frame. Not sure I can keep up with a chart a day but I am going to try my best.

Halloween 2020
SAL
Designer - Stitchonomy
First Stitch 09/21/20
Progress 09/27/20

The frame was released last week so I got it out of the way this week so I would be all ready for the little motifs that will be going in each square. 

I also joined the Witchy Stitchy Challenge 2020 on Facebook from the Embroidery.com website. For this challenge you have to stitch a minimum of 30 minutes per day and post your before and after pictures on their Facebook page. I figured that the two of these go perfectly together! I will stitch that days motif and viola; I will have my 30 minutes of stitching (I hope)!

Well that wraps it up for this week. I hope that you are all well and staying safe!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see ya next week with another faithful update!

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Well done Faith on your stitching .
yes I to think this year has gone quick.
Enjoy your week.

Manuela said...

A great new start.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Good job on getting the frame stitched for the Halloween piece, Faith! Look forward to seeing the little motifs that you stitch for it. Have fun with the Witchy Stitchy Challenge.

Cathy said...

Have fun with your Halloween SAL! It's good that you got the borders done in advance!

Linda said...

The frame looks great Faith.

Linda

Katie said...

I will enjoy watching this grow. Good luck with the challenge.

Carol said...

You've got the boring part done, Faith--it will be fun to watch the little Halloween motifs appear throughout the month! Happy October to you! ♥

FlashinScissors said...

Ooooh! A good start! I know what would happen to me ..... I’d get halfway through and find my frames were the wrong size!
I’m sure yours won’t be, I’m just saying that’s what would happen to me! 🤣
Sounds a lot of fun, Good Luck!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

An interesting frame. Looks like it could also be converted into a Advent Calendar. I'm so looking forward to seeing the motifs for each section.
So, that's not one, but two SALs you're joining in with for October? Faith, what has come over you??? :)