Sunday, November 15, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 11/15/20

Happy Fall Everyone! I don't know about where you live but here is Southern Arizona the temperatures have cooled off considerably though not for long. Overnights are down into the 30s but the days warm back up to the 70s. The overnights will warm back up next week and then down again. It is like a roller coaster of temperatures out there! 

Now for the stitchy news. I had a crazy week myself and haven't been able to stitch since Thursday. Each day I thought today is the day but then it never materialized into actual stitching. It stinks but sometimes (unfortunately) that is how life goes. 

Nevertheless I still started my second Naughty November piece in the beginning of the week! 

A Year of Blackwork
Peppermint Purple SAL
First Stitch 11/09/20
Progress 11/12/20

Obviously not a lot of time went into it for the week but at least I finally started it! It has been on my list since I first saw it. I am doing the black work in DMC 4060, the individual borders in DMC 472 and I am still in talks with myself as to the outside border of the entire design. So far DMC 726 is winning the argument.

Next up will be my next Naughty November piece... It is something for Tia so it's not anything I planned but what is life if not a series of unplanned events? 😏

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see ya next week with another faithful update!

13 comments:

Manuela said...

A wonderful new start.
I don't stitch on black fabric.
Have a nice week with enough stitching time.
Manuela

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching, it's very effective on the black fabric. Stay well, stay safe

Robin in Virginia said...

Pretty!

butterfly said...

Good start looking great .
Yes the temps are allover the place like every thing else ha.
Have a fun week .

Linda said...

Lovely new start Faith.

Linda

Cathy said...

It looks good, Faith. I hope you get more stitching time this week.

Rachel said...

That's still a good start for half a week, and really pops on the black. Hopefully your stitching time will improve this week; I do hope it was nothing serious keeping you away from your needle and thread. :)

Carol said...

Your temperatures sound wonderful to me, Faith.. I love a cold night for sleeping and temps in the 70s in the daytime are my favorite. Our temperature is not getting above 37 today :( There is even a bit of snow in the air, although it's not sticking.

Your stitching is looking lovely on the black and any stitches are better than none! Hope this week sees more time for your stitching ♥

Tiffstitch said...

Great new start, that one is tempting and your version is very cool!

Katie said...

Beautiful work. Love it on the black fabric with the bright colors.

Sheryl said...

This looks like an interesting design, especially done on black. I love blackwork and will enjoy watching how this stitchery developes. great new start.

Lili said...

Such a lovely piece, Faith! Your stitching is always beautiful!
Hugs x

FlashinScissors said...

That’s a great start Faith!
Well done!
I love that colour on black!
Hugs,
Barbara xx