Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Fully Finished SAL December 2021


It is time to link up with Rachel for the
final Fully Finished Gallery SAL of 2021

This is a fun SAL for stitcher's to show not only their finished stitched piece
but how they decided to finish it off for display around their home.

I know I have TONS of pieces I need to FFO but I tend to get stuck in that area, so I have one, or ok maybe two drawers just waiting for my confidence to show up so I can get them out and up some where. Maybe 2022 I can get a few things FFO'd for myself! 

Thanks Rachel for hosting this for everyone!


The Story of the Ornaments

Well if there is one thing that I will definitely fully finish each year we know that it is my Family's Christmas Ornaments. I started giving them to my kids way back when they were just two little kiddos. My son was in and out of the hospital a lot and I needed something to keep myself busy. Since I just taught myself to stitch it seemed logical to make them some ornaments for our tree. Since he was the one in the hospital, he had first pick when we were flipping thru the Just Cross Stitch Christmas issue and he chose Santa and my daughter picked a Snowman. 

Well every year since then (less one) they have received an ornament with the same character. My Grandson  arrived during the month of September. Well at three months he had no "personality" and was not drawn to any characters at that time (surprise - haha) so I waited for the next year and I watched to see what he liked and it was DINOSAURS and PENGUINS! Where ever we went he was amazed by them both; the zoo, the aquarium, the museum, the library and movies.  Luckily I had two choices so naturally I went with the penguins because how many dinosaur ornaments do you see for stitching every year?? He has since received a penguin each Christmas and many when it wasn't Christmas.

Then along came a niece!! No choice for her; sorry! That year I saw a cute reindeer ornament and that set her ornament journey in motion. Sometimes I stitch an extra or two and I send one out to a friend, especially if I think they need a little something extra that year.

Thanks for reading my little story! That brings us to the ornaments of  2021!

Christmas Characters
Designer - Durene Jones


and these are them,
the fronts and the backs.


Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching!

I hope to see all of you next year
with another faithful finished object
update or maybe even two!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

8 comments:

Manuela said...

All your Christmas ornaments are wonderful.
Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

I enjoyed reading the story of how you ended up with themes for each of your family member's ornaments, Faith! You were certainly correct in going with the penguin theme :) There are so many of them these days.

It would be fun to see a photo of all the themed ornaments together if you can ever gather them! This year's selection is great and I know the recipients will love them :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable ornaments and finishes Faith.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful ornaments Faith, I love the story behind them. Wishing you a Merry Christmas 🎄

Mary said...

They are just adorable Faith and Love the back fabric you chose for each ornament.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Faith! A Happy Christmas to you!

I really enjoyed reading how you started making your Christmas ornaments, and this year’s are so cute!
Love the fabrics for the backings too!

Lovely finishes!

Barbara xx
PS I’m hoping to have some finishes in 2022 - I had quite a few new starts in 2021 and hey definitely need finishing. 😊♥️🎄⛄️xx

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part in the FFG SAL this month, with six lovely Christmas finishes which weren't a last-minute rush for once!
I'll be running Christmas In July again next year if you found it useful getting a head-start on your family's annual Christmas ornies.
Do your family members bring out their ornies each year? If they do, it would be lovely to see their whole collections! :)

Astrids dragon said...

I love how they have their own special Christmas characters! These all turned out beautifully and will be treasured I'm sure.