Sunday, January 23, 2022

My Sunday Stitchy Update 01/23/22

Good Evening Everyone! I hope that everyone is busy and finding time to stitch! 

Do you make new year's resolutions? I do not because as soon as I "promise" myself that I am going to do this or that I feel the need to NOT do it! This year I made one regarding my stitching and that is to clean out my WIP/UFO Box which I told you guys about already. So far this year I have two finishes so I am extremely happy about that. Let me know if you make any resolutions and what they are! 

Now on to the stitching; first up is the

There is a different theme each month of the year which is not related to that current month or season. There is no need to sign up, no obligation to start, complete every month or on FFOing the piece. Just stitch during the months that you are interested in and post on the 20th of the month!

The theme for this month is Easter so I decided to finish up my WIP Easter design.


First Stitch 11/08/21
Finished 01/16/22

This week I stitched a little on my

Artist - Loretta Oliver

Progress 01/23/22
Today I started working on the borders for the last four blocks.

Progress 01/22/22
I finished stitching the bottom two blocks this week.

Yesterday I had to move the q-snap so I took a
picture of  what I had finished up to that point.

So far this year I have two finishes and according to my stitching resolution I can start a new piece. I decided that I am going to save that new start for March for a different SAL I plan on participating in.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

14 comments:

butterfly said...

Well done on your finish.
I don't make plans now only in my head because I break them ha.
I have already brought to many new kits and charts .
I think I am passed help now .
Enjoy a happy week.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your stitching this week, and continuing to work reducing your WIPs. Over 2/3rds of the way through Quilt Blocks, so well on the homeward stretch now.
I tend to make plans rather than promises, then if they go awry I don't feel quite as guilty! :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you for joining in TTSAL, hopefully it will inspire you to finish a few of your wips. Lovely stitching on your Easter design and your quilt blocks

Manuela said...

Your quilt sampler looks great.
A beautiful finish.
Happy Stitching on your Easter project.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Mary said...

Your Easter project looks great, now to see how you will FFO. Great progress on the pretty blue and white quilt stitch. Your doing great this year!!
My resolution was the word DIscipline, I saw that on Sandy's blog and thought it was a great idea. I'm trying to apply it to many aspects in my life. So far it's helping.

Astrids dragon said...

Such a sweet finish, and a fun one! Do you know how you're going to fully finish it?
Your sampler looks lovely, the blue is so pretty.
I didn't make any resolutions, but I do stitch every day!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Faith. Nice progress on the quilt sampler.

Linda

Cathy said...

I only make resolutions I can keep! But reducing the number of WIPs is always a good idea -- that way you have room for more stash! Great stitching this week!

Katie said...

Cute finish and great progress on your WIP.

MartinaM said...

How nice your progress, I always only have one project to work on, otherwise I'll definitely lose track at some point.
have a good week, Martina

Carol said...

I'm so enjoying watching your blue Quilt Block Sampler grow, Faith--it is just lovely! And your Easter Row is darling--good for you for finishing up some older WIPs! I don't generally make resolutions because then I feel let down when I break them :) Just try to do the best I can each day. Have a great day ♥

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

You do beautiful work

Faith... said...

Sarah Beth Thank you!

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent finish and love those quilt blocks!