Sunday, May 22, 2022

My Sunday Stitchy Update 05/22/22

Evening All! 

This has been a very busy week here at our home and I am tired! I am hoping that the next week will have some quieter days. Jacob's last day of school is this coming Thursday (yay!) and then he will go to summer school for either Algebra or Geometry (I forget which one) because he just can't wrap his mind around those math concepts no matter how much he tries. I guess math just isn't for everyone! 

Anyways... I continued to stitch on the blackwork piece this week. As you can see below I did manage to get all the squares filled in with their designs along with half the quote, YAY ME! I planned on leaving the border for some other day but then I thought if I don't do it now who knows when I will come back to it so I picked one out from The Peppermint Purple website and got started! 

A Year of Blackwork
2020 SAL
Progress 05/22/22

Well wouldn't you know it; there is a mistake on the right size where the floss trails off the fabric. I added one extra blank square so all the stuff above it will need to come out and the area stitched again of course.

Hoping it won't take long and this will REALLY be finished this week!!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

8 comments:

butterfly said...

I find the weekends are busy to .
This is really looking good , a work of art well done .

Carol said...

Glad you had some time for stitching even with a busy week, Faith! I can totally relate to Jacob's trouble with math--it just wasn't my thing either :)

Sorry the frog came to visit, but I have no doubt you can fix the mistake and have a finish by next Sunday! Looking forward to it! Have a great week ♥

FlashinScissors said...

I hated maths too! Loved English language but hated maths!

Your stitching looks amazing! Hope you manage to finish by Sunday.

Barbara xx

Mary's Thread said...

Wow, this blackwork project is STUNNING! It's really a striking piece! Would love to see it up close!

MartinaM said...

How nice, now you've almost finished your work, just keep at it, then it's done.
Have fun with it, Martina

Manuela said...

All the squares are wonderful.
You can do it the border, too.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's beautiful, you've certainly worked hard on this project. We all have stuff we find harder, maths is a common struggle, especially abstract maths like algebra. When teaching I used to make it practical learning with objects instead of just numbers written on a page, hopefully the summer school will try this too.

Mary said...

I admire your determination on getting this done despite the frog visiting too often!!
I hated Math, the only Math I liked was Geometry, I thought proving the theorems was fun! I wish Jacob the best of luck with it, stinks he has to go to summer school.