Sunday, September 18, 2022

My Sunday Stitchy Update 09/18/22

Evening All ~ Hope you have had a wonderful week.

I would like to say that you have my sympathy concerning the loss of Queen Elizabeth II if she was your queen or you were just an admirer of hers and/or the Royal Family in general.  Hard to believe that she is gone as she has been the Queen for so very long! I don't think anyone will ever wear the crown longer than she had though this week I did see that in the past French King Louis XIV wore his for 72 years beginning at age four! I don't know if that really counts in my book though as being a Ruler because who rules at that age? The only person I think he ruled then was his nanny!

So now on to stitching and my disappointing week. I know some of you have already read my woes and I would like to thank you for your comments and encouragement. There are so many confetti stitches in this chart that I thought I would cut down the color key and tape it to my laptop (I only stitch from pdf files on my computer screen) so I could reference it easier. As I was taping the smaller version together I noticed that a couple of symbols looked the same!

OH NO...   WHAT??  WHY???

On closer inspection I can see that these two symbols have a difference but I will have to really pay attention to them! 



But these two are virtually the same symbol! A diamond is a diamond no matter how you look at it! I finally noticed that one has the lines with a bit lighter color than the other. I thought really?? That is the difference??  This is a black and white chart... on a colored chart that might be noticeable right off but not here! It is absolutely crazy to me.



Soooo I think you can guess what happened!?!? The diamond symbols got stitched in the WRONG color which is obviously the wrong color after I noticed the difference. So I have been entertaining that stinking frog this week. And why do you think it is it harder to unstitch than it is to stitch? 



Anyways, the yellow areas need to come out and get stitched in blue. I am almost finished with one section and hope to finish the other section maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. 


This is where I am now and hopefully next week I will be moving forward again with the stitching instead of going in reverse!  That's the plan anyways! 😊

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

4 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, that's a real problem, two of the same characters and different colors, and the characters hardly differ from each other, I hope you can handle it anyway.
enjoy your week, Martina

Katie said...

Ohhh wow I hate when designers do that. Crazy. It does feel worse to unstitch. Good luck fixing it without any problems.

Carol said...

That is ridiculous that the designer would have symbols that look so much the same, Faith--especially the diamonds. UGH!!!!!!! I'm so sorry that you have to do so much unstitching. All those hours down the drain! At least you caught it before you went too much further, though. ♥

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you, she was an amazing lady whom I promised to serve since I was a Brownie aged 7, I've been a Scouter for over 40 years and will proudly now serve the King. I'm sorry about the backwards time, maybe designers need proof readers to check for these issues. Good luck as you stitch forward.