Sunday, May 21, 2023

My Sunday Stitchy Update 05/21/23

Hi there everyone! I hope this finds you happily stitching away on  project.

Last week we had  power outage (a little Mother's Day gift from the electric company?) so I didn't get to post on Sunday. Then Monday came along and I got into my regular weekly stuff and then I forgot. Anyways, I have been busy stitching and even did a little sewing.

First up is the weekly releases of the Blackwork chart.


The Blackwork Stitch Along

Progress 05/16/23
Weeks 19 & 20
#TheBlackworkStitchAlong

So next, do you remember all those weeks ago before I started Batman I spun the Tiny Decisions wheel and landed on Nintendo? I finally got to pull out Nintendo two weeks ago and the next square was Donkey Kong! 

Nintendo
Progress 05/20/23

I am happy to report that Donkey Kong is finished! So when I finished that it was sewing time! I am not a great seamstress by any means but I can make a pillow without any problems!

So I thought maybe I should make some pillows instead of framing Batman. I mean, who doesn't like a pillow right? So I got busy and went shopping to find some backing fabric. Then I set out to make a pillow out of Batman for Matt's birthday. 

Batman

Fully Finished 05/20/23

So after I made Batman into a pillow I still had a bunch of fabric leftover that I'll probably never use so I ended making him a set of pillows for either his bed or his chair; which ever he prefers. I gave them to him today and he liked them, so thankfully they were a success!

Now it is time to work on another piece so I just spun the wheel and it landed on a piece called Marmalade from CM Designs. 

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you next week with another faithful update!

I'm off to stitch now!

7 comments:

MartinaM said...

Not much more and your SAL is ready, it looks great.
I really like the pillow idea and if he's a big Batman fan he'll love it.
Have a nice week,
Martina

butterfly said...

Well done on your SAL it's growing .
Love the Batman pillows , oh boy will he love these .
Have a great week hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

The Batman pillow turned out great, Faith. Your blackwork piece is looking good. Well done on getting the Donkey Kong block finished! Woohoo!

Katie said...

The pillows turned out great. I always love a pillow finish. Easy to display. Great work on the nintendo block.

Carol said...

Your Batman stitch and the extra pillows look wonderful, Faith! What a nice gift for Matt! Seeing Donkey Kong sure brings back lots of memories--my boys were addicted to Mario when that first came out :) Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day weekend ♥

Manuela said...

Great progress on your two wips. Donkey Kong looks cute.
A beautiful Batman finish.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Astrids dragon said...

Donkey Kong, such fun!
Batman looks great, especially with the additional pillows, perfect!