Sunday, May 05, 2024

My Sunday Stitchy Update 05/05/24

Hi everyone! 

Happy Cinco de Mayo Day! That is Spanish meaning "Fifth of May" and it is a yearly celebration held on, yes you guessed it; May 5 to celebrate Mexico's victory over the Second French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

The strange thing about the day is that the United States "celebrates" the day but Mexico does not. I am not sure but I think it is our way of honoring them and the fact that they won the war. Or maybe it is just our way to have an excuse to eat lots of Mexican food! 

Now on to the stitching...somehow last week I forgot to add this first one!

I just barely started on this one but it seems to be a very easy stitch. I am doing it on plastic canvas and it will eventually look like the one on the right and serve as a bookmark. 


Vase of Flowers
Durene Jones

Progress 04/25/24
202 stitches added


After that I started another new one! It is a blackwork piece (which I love) and Tia had bought me some pretty red pearl floss for it called Caliente. I tried to use it but to me it is just to thick and looked horrible with the few stitches I did. I took it out and switched to a variegated DMC. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas about what I can do with, it please let me know! I have 4 skeins of it sitting here trying to figure out what to do with it. Thanks!

One Hundred Days of Tiny
New Start
Progress 04/29/24
356 stitches added


I have been taking the next piece to our stitching group. Sometimes you get lots of stitches in and sometimes you don't! I take this one to our group because I don't have to concentrate on it, I just fill in the outline which I can do while talking! So now I have two bunnies filled in and one to go.

Rabbit Silhouettes

Progress 04/30/24
437 stitches added


After that I drug out the Quilt Block Sampler for a couple of days. I had to move the Q-snap so I took a very wrinkly picture of the entire piece. As you see there are ten out of the twelve blocks stitched up and I hope to finish this one up this year! 


Quilt Block Sampler
Designer - Loretta Oliver
 
Progress 05/02/24
214 stitches added


This is another one I take to our stitching group because it is an easy stitch. Though I will be very glad when it is FINISHED! I am getting kind of tired of stitching with this black floss!


Home is Where the Dog Is
Daily Cross Stitch

Progress 05/03/24
126 stitches added

That is 1,335 stitches for the week! It seems as though I worked on a lot of pieces this week but some are way quicker than others. 

So that is it for me for the week. We are having beautiful weather; it is supposed to be in the 80s for the entire week without a raindrop in sight. Now is the time for me to get off the internet and work on something productive like my next ornament; SANTA!

I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Stay safe and be happy and I'll see
you again...right here, next Sunday!

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

8 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh, interesting, I've neverstitched on plastic before, it'll make a nice bookmark.
And the third bunny is almost filled out too.
Great steps on the sampler
Have a great week
Martina

butterfly said...

Great progress Faith , looks like you have had a fun stitching week . I love stitching on Paper and plastic .
The book mark stitch is looking good .
Have a wonderful week hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your projects looks fantastic, Faith. Have a fabulous week.

Carol said...

So many interesting projects in the works, Faith! Of course, my favorite is the blue quilt sampler! That's interesting that Cinco de Mayo isn't celebrated in Mexico--the things you learn from cross stitch blogs :) Ha ha! Hope you have a great week ahead ♥

Katie said...

I think Americans need every reason we can to celebrate. Otherwise they all fight and are mean to each other. So I wish they had more excuses to celebrate.

Lovely progress on everything. I love them all.
I've always used the pearl cotton on large count like 10ct. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Manuela said...

Great progress on all your stitching projects.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

diamondc said...

Faith: I have not seen the Vase of Flowers design before, very pretty, the Caliente thread maybe could be used for a twisted thread to use around a finished design.
Love your bunnies, so sweet.
Quilt Block Sampler is beautiful, you are so close to the finish, lovely.
Home is Where the Dog Is, so sweet.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

You've stitched loads, I'm using plastic canvas for my Santas