Sunday, June 17, 2018

My Sunday Stitchy Update 06/17/18

Well my first HaED is underway and here is the beginning...

The Enchanted Christmas Snowman 
Artist - Dona Gelsinger
Progress as of 06/17/18

I really can't believe how many color changes there were in just this little section! There are 44 colors used here which is half the colors in the entire chart! Weirdly for this being a snowman there are no white colors used anywhere!! LOL Stitching this chart is going to be a LONG TERM project! Oh well, another one to keep on the list 😊

Anyways... on my travels around the internet I found this picture (though I can't remember where) and I thought it is pretty appropriate for all of us crafters and so I wanted to share it!


Next week will be June's WIPocalypse so if you would like to join in, click this icon to find out more information. 

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

44 colours just in that bit? That's insane, although the result is admittedly very effective. You now have a WISP that will probably one day be a TGIF, if your shared picture is anything to go by! I think we have all probably succumb to STASH, HIPS and SABLE, although I do hope there aren't many WOMBATs around. :)

Linda said...

Great new start Faith. I love my big projects but will never stitch a HAED. Love the word chart.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Well done Faith in doing great with your HAED!!! :) Love the picture you found.

Brigitte said...

You were off to a great start on your HAED adventure. Look how much you have already accomplished. 44 colours - that's a lot.

diamondc said...

Faith: Your project looks interesting, lots of stitch's and color changes wow.

Catherine

Lili said...

Wonderful start, Faith!
The image is funny! :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Welcome to the world of HAED! I'm working on a few of their Max Colours charts and the confetti is crazy. But it's worth it for the depth of detail. You're stitching looks great, very neat. Keep going Faith. You will love the detail and the confetti will become second nature.

xo Alicia

Katie said...

HAEDs are a journey that's for sure. I hope you are enjoying it. They are full of color changes but when they are finished it is SO worth it.

Mary's Thread said...

Good luck with your first HAED! I will enjoy watching your progress!

Sheryl said...

Good start on the HAED, amazing lot of colour changes in such a small space, it will certainly keep you busy for a while.

Carol said...

Oh, my! I can't imagine doing a project like and HAED with all those color changes so close together... Good for you, Faith :) And thank you for the little image of the cross-stitching acronyms--very cute!

Bethan said...

That's an insane amount of colours for such a small section! I love the acronyms you have found x

RJ said...

Faith 44 colors?!? Wow that is a lot. I am so interested in seeing the progress of this stitch. I know it will be wonderful. Love the cute terms and what they stand for. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever