Monday, August 27, 2018

August 2018 WIPocalypse Check-in

It is time for the August WIPocalypse Check-in!!

The WIPocalypse was created to make sure everyone gets in some progress on their projects before the world ends! Every month we show our progress and answer a fun question so that we can all get to know each other a little better.

Click on this badge to find out more information about this fun event!
You can even join in if you like at any time and for
any months you want, there are NO RULES!

And now presenting my monthly progress...

Scary Night Halloween
Designer - Stoney Creek
First Stitch 02/26/18

The month started on
section two

and where I left off!
Progress as of 08/05/18

One of my oldies but goodies...

Rose of Sharon
Design Connection
First Stitch 01/10/12
Where the month started

and where it ended! 
Progress as of 08/12/18

Another great oldie but goodie!
Full Bloom
Designer - Cross-Stitch-Art
First Stitch 01/03/12
The month started here

and ended here on 08/19/18

And finishing up the month with this holiday banner!

Christmas Rules
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
First Stitch 01/12/18
Started the month
with eight rules

and wrapped up the month with nine!
Progress as of 08/26/18

Question of the Month: 
        Which is more satisfying to you and why – the process of stitching a piece, or the finish?

This is a question I don't even have to think about! LOL  The stitching is always MUCH more satisfying to me. I love everything about stitching a piece; the selecting of the fabric and gathering the floss, the rhythm of the stitching and the picture appearing before your very eyes. Once I finish a piece I am often happy but left with an empty feeling. I miss the piece I have just finished and then I have to worry about the next step in the process... the FINAL FINISHING. That part usually flusters me and makes me just throw the piece into the drawer with the other finished projects! 

Now you can go on over to see here what everyone else has stitched for the past month and what they prefer - the stitching of or finishing a piece! 

Thanks for stopping by,
see ya at the end of next month
for another WIPocalypse update!

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

All in all, a rather productive stitching month :)

Justine said...

Lovely to see all your progress for the month in one place!

Katie said...

Lots of beautiful progress this month! Great work on everything. I agree with you about your answer. Though most the time I have really good intentions with how I want to finish the piece. Then you're right....it goes into my drawer of unfinished things.

Carol said...

Lots of great progress on each of your pieces, Faith! I love the stitching, too, but am good at finishing up my smalls as I stitch them. Not so much with the larger pieces that I want to frame some day--they tend to go into a drawer :(

Lili said...

Wonderful progress this month, Faith!
I really like the process of stitching, but at one point I just want to finish the piece and move on for another project. I really like to FFO small projects, but when it is medium or large projects...well... they go for a drawer ;)

RJ said...

Fantastic progress Faith. You really got alot accomplished. I love all of your choices. I'm much like you, I truly love stitching and could do it all day long. But, I hate when it is time to finish it. I put it off and put it off until I have to do it. I have so many stitched pieces that all the stitching is done but they sit in a plastic container begging me to sew them up. RJ

Linda said...

Awesome progress on all of the projects Faith.

Linda

Rachel said...

Another fabulous month working towards your WIPocalypse!
It seems that a lot of stitchers come unstuck when it comes to FFO a project, which is a shame when you consider the amount of work and pleasure that has gone into each piece. I wonder if the lure of a new start has anything to do with it? :)

Bethan said...

A really productive month, especially your Hallowe'en piece x

Brigitte said...

Great WIPs!
I'm like you when it comes to stitching. For me, too, it's the stitching process from the very beginning to the finish and finishing.