Sunday, January 27, 2019

My Sunday Stitchy Update 01/27/19

This week I added another one of my new pieces into the rotation. 

I wanted to stitch this on a sandy brownish color fabric and of course I have none in my stash. However I do have TONS of white aida! All different counts and sizes and I really want to clear out some, at least the 14 count! 

So... I googled (I love googling) how to dye fabric and I came across tea and/or coffee dying. Woohoo sounds like I could be on to something to get that brownish color. So with the help of Tia (my daughter) we got to work and tea dyed some fabric!

This is the finished project.
I love how it turned out!

So I got my needle threaded and got to stitching!

Jingles
Deck the Halls
Chart One of Twelve
Designer - Lizzie*Kate, Inc. 
First Stitch 01/21/19
Progress as of 01/27/19

I will be trying to stitch up one section a month and
they will be part of the Christmas Ornie SAL

If you would like to see more Christmas
stitching click on the blog button above!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Love your new start and the fact you dyed your own fabric. That's going to make the project more unique and more special.
I once tried dyeing a piece of fabric with RIT dyes but am glad I never used it as the colours faded in the sun! :)

Linda said...

Love the fabric you dyed Faith. I really not to try that someday. Great new start.

Linda

Manuela said...

I like the fabric you have dyed.
A wonderful start.

Astrids dragon said...

It looks great, Faith! Isn't it fun? It's been a while since I've done it, but I do have some white/cream I can play with.
And such a sweet start with it too!

Lili said...

Your coffee/tea dyed turned out very pretty! When I coffee/tea dyed fabric it turns more a soft colour, I really love your colour!! Lovely new start! I also will be at that stitch a long... Happy stitching!

Meari said...

I love Google, too! How did we ever manage without it? LoL

Your fabric turned out nice, as did your finish.

Katie said...

Great job on using what you have already on hand. Looks great!

Mary's Thread said...

Your tea-dying came out really well! And it is perfect for that chart! It will be fun to watch your progress on this piece! LK has such cute designs!

RJ said...

Faith, what a great job you did tea dying your fabric. I really like using coffee too. The color is perfect for your Lizzie Kate stitch which is adorable. All of your stitching choices look great and I look forward to seeing them all done. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

Love your dyed fabric, Faith. I have never tried it, but just found a yard of antique white evenweave in my closet today that I may just experiment with :)

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, Faith! Your fabric looks great!
I’ve been thinking about dyeing some white Aida for some time now, having seen yours I really must have a go!
My white Aida really wasn’t inspiring me.
Hugs,
Barbara x

Bethan said...

I love your new pattern, and well done on an excellent dye job x