Sunday, February 03, 2019

My Sunday Stitchy Update 02/03/19

Evening friends!

I hope if you live where the polar vortex hit that your temperatures are starting to warm up again! Where I used to live in Chicago the highs for a few days were below zero! It closed down the city along with most of the midwest; no school, no mail, no flights in or out and all the while the snow kept coming. I must say I have not seen snow in five years and looking at it on TV doesn't make me miss it one bit! So thankful to live where we have warm weather all year round!

Last week I finished stitching the first chart for Jingles and since I had it out I decided to do February's Christmas Ornie SAL section. So far it is stitching up quickly and I love how it looks on this fabric.

Jingles
Ho Ho Ho Holiday
Chart Two of Twelve
Designer - Lizzie*Kate

and here is how the piece looks so far
First Stitch 01/21/19
Progress as of 02/01/19

I am stitching this series as part of
There is lots of great Christmas stitching there 
so please click the badge to go over and take a peek!

So since I finished on Friday and usually switch projects on Monday I remembered that a friend loaned me a LK chart that I should probably try to get back to her! So I decided to try to stitch it up over the weekend. As you can see, I didn't make it but hopefully I can get it finished by tomorrow? 

Good Things
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
 First Stitch 02/02/19
Progress as of 02/03/19

Hope I can do it but you know how plans go. I do need to get out the next project on the list though so I need to make some quick Xs (and stay off the internet)!

Thanks for taking a peek at my stitching
see ya next week with another faithful update!

12 comments:

Manuela said...

Wonderful stitching progress.

Rachel said...

Both projects are looking fab. The tea-dyed fabric works really well.
Looking forward to seeing which project is next out of your WIP box. :)

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent finishes and nice start too!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish and great start Faith. Can you share the video you used for dying the fabric?

Linda

Katie said...

Yeah we had horrible weather here in Northern Indiana. We were below zero for 36 hours. Jeremiah's best friend missed 4 days of school because of the cold. Crazy. Now today it's 54. What crazy weather. I would really miss the snow though so I'm staying right here. Beautiful work on both pieces. Good luck finishing up the LK and getting to your other WIP.

diamondc said...

Faith: I love this design, I love deer, they are so sweet.
Thank-you for the link, I will take a look.
It was -31 degrees last Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, it warmed up for three days not into the below zero and snow is on its way with 3-6 inch's, I am so ready for winter to be over.

Catherine

RJ said...

Love your sweet stitches Faith. I always enjoy Lizzie Kate designs and miss that she is not designing anymore. But, it makes it all the more enjoyable when someone stitches her designs. Your tea dyed fabric looks great with the stitch. You are accomplishing alot. RJ

FlashinScissors said...

You made such a great job with the tea dyed fabric! I love the finish of the fabric, it’s great!
Wow, you stitch fast! Lovely stitching.
Oooh! I’d like to know which video you used too, please!
Hugs,
Barbara x

Robin in Virginia said...

Super finish and great starts, Faith!

Carol said...

I'm envious of your "warm all year" weather, Faith! Although, we didn't have it as bad as the Chicago area, it was still sub-zero with -25 wind chills. Luckily, I could just stay inside and stitch now that I'm retired :)

Your finish is so cute! Happy February!

Lili said...

That deer is so cute!!
Lovely new start, Faith!!

Astrids dragon said...

Such a dear dear, it looks good so far. Are you finished with Good Things yet? That's a perfect one to stitch!