Wednesday, January 01, 2020

My 2020 Stitching Plans

It is that time, time for me to reveal what my plan for the next year will be.

These are the projects that I have decided on for 2020. It is probably an unrealistic list but I guess that makes it a more interesting (or challenging) list.

Right now I have six pieces that I worked on in the past that I hope to work on in 2020:

Artist - Stephen Michael Gardner
Designer - Flumpkins X Stitchers
First Stitch 01/15/12
Progress as of 09/16/18

As you can see I have been stitching on this one for a VERY LONG time and Jacob (the grandson) has started asking about it again.  I keep moving it from list to list but I think I really need to get busy on it this year! After all I did tell him it would be finished by the time he graduates college and he is in high school now!!

Designer - Stoney Creek 
First Stitch  01/07/19
Last Stitched 09/11/19

I have the first three sections of the six completed. I hope to finish this piece up this year.



First Stitch 03/26/18
Progress as of 09/09/18

This one needs lots of love! Mine will have a different layout than the model because I am doing them according to their release date rather than randomly. Right now I would just like at least to finish the layout for the games including their names. I think that is a safer way to do them (knowing me) so that I do not have to entertain the frog.

Pretty Little Chicago
Designer - Satsuma Street

First Stitch 02/11/19
Progress as of 06/02/19

My hometown for 55 years. I miss it a lot but I certainly do NOT miss the weather! I think if I can finish this one up in 2020!

Rose of Sharon
Design Connection

First Stitch 01/10/12
Progress as of 10/27/19

Well here is another long term WIP! It is a little over halfway finished and but I am not sure it will be finished this year either but hopefully some progress may be made on it!

The Enchanted Christmas Snowman
Artist - Dona Gelsinger
Heaven and Earth Designs



This was gifted to me by a good friend in 2018 and I started it right away. It may never be finished and instead make good friends in the WIP Box with Dinosaurs but I hope to at least work on it a bit!


And I am planning to add in these eight new starts for 2020. A couple will be finished off rather quickly but two or three will be long term projects.


A Year of Celebrations
Designer - Hands on Design
I am planning on making this my monthly stitch this year.

Dog Lessons for People
Designer - Lizzie*Kate
A gift from another friend, she also sent the cutest fabric for it;
I just have to make sure it is a big enough piece.

Easter Row
Designer - Bent Creek
I have had this in my stash forever; glad to finally be stitching it up!

Holidays Are Mother's Day!
Designer - Marilyn and Jackie's Collectibles
I will be doing the Easter one this time around.

Quilt Block Sampler
Designer - Stitching the Night Away
This was actually on he 2019 list and well; it didn't get a single stitch put in it!

Shades of Gold
Designer - Northern Expressions Needlework
If you are a regular follower of mine you probably remember that I stitched Shades of Blue a couple of years ago. I also have more Shade charts that I hope to do someday.

The Flower A Day SAL
Designer - Carolyn Manning
I fell in love with this series when I first saw them. I couldn't decide which one to do and asked my daughter. Of course she picked the one with the most flowers on it!

Whiskerkins
Designer - Carolyn Manning
I love these little Bunnies. I plan on stitching the top one first on perforated paper.

Of course this is ALWAYS subject to change (ha ha) once I get started. I have a few others that are waiting in the wings and begging to be but on the q-snaps!

Of course I will be adding more to the list as I think I am planning on joining Rachel's Olympic Challenge. Crazy, right? Adding 17 more pieces to the list but hey you only live once and  everything must get started sooner rather than later! I will post more about those when the time to start that is closer. 

Thanks for stopping by,
and seeing what I hope to
accomplish during the next year.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

You definitely have some biggies in there for the year ahead, but at least there are a few which can be broken up into sections for those psychological mini finishes. Good luck with them all; I;ll be cheering you along! :)

Manuela said...

Wow, a many projects for 2020.
Happy Stitching and enough time.
Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous assortment of projects in your plans, Faith! I look forward to seeing what your needle and thread will accomplish in 2020!

Cindy said...

Faith I have been working on my Enchanted Christmas Snowman. He is put away for now but maybe we should do a SAL. I plan on working on him again in April. Let me know.

Also bout time Dinosaurs gets some love.

Cathy said...

You have some nice projects planned for 2020. Enjoy!

Katie said...

A very fun list. I wish you tons of luck and lots of stitching. I will be here cheering you along. You can do it!!

Carol said...

Well, what a great list of projects for this year, Faith! I can't imagine doing anything as stitch-dense as dinosaurs or the snowman... That is really impressive :) I look forward to watching your progress and maybe even seeing a couple of these finished by 2020's end :)

Hazel said...

What a lot of interesting pieces. I have many that were started years ago. Some I think I should just class as UFOs now. Hope you get lots of finishes this year. x

Bethan said...

Lots of lovely plans for 2020. I love how you are going to stitch the games in release order rather than in a random order - much more satisfying. Good luck with getting the dinosaurs finished! x

diamondc said...

Faith: You are one very ambitious Lady, I am looking forward to seeing your finish's.

Catherine

Kaisievic said...

Great plans, Faith, so many gorgeous designs here. Good luck!

Astrids dragon said...

So many great WIPS to keep you busy, and some fun new starts for you too! The bunnies are adorable.