Sunday, February 02, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 02/02/20

Evening Friends!

I do hope that everyone had a great stitchy week. I think my January has been a bit mixed up due to the fact that I was not keeping track of the dates and what I was supposed to be doing!

Anyways, when I finally realized the date, the month was darn near over and I had not even started my monthly stitch! Uh oh... So I got to work on it and January is just about finished and I love how colorful it is looking.

A Year of Celebrations
January
Designer - Hands on Design 
First Stitch 01/28/20
Progress as of 02/02/20

Just an FYI - If you have this in your stash you may want to check the designer's website to see if your chart is affected by the color typo they have listed there!

Hope to have this piece finished up tomorrow and then I can start on February.

Knowing that I wanted to stitch this set on a brownish colored fabric that was sort of like the shade of Jingles I decided to try my hand at tea dying a piece of fabric again.

I think it came out a pretty color and I am very happy with it.  I have soooo much white fabric in my stash that I hate to buy more if I can dye it myself!

I followed The Twisted Stitcher's Baking and Basting technique which has some pretty simple instructions. 
Thanks so much for stopping by,
see ya next week with another faithful update!

12 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Faith,

I love your January stitch Faith. We are starting this series as a SAL too. I will check the website for color changes. Thanks for the heads up.

Your fabric came out great. I agree it is such a great solution to lots of white fabric. I have a lot of cream stitching fabric that I've been thinking of doing the same thing with. Hope you have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Kaisievic said...

Great job on the dyeing and January looks really lovely.

Mary said...

Faith, I see RJ told you about our upcoming SAL with this pattern. Thanks for the info about the color corrections. I can't wait to get started on this series as I find doing smalls very rewarding!! Your Jan start came out great.

I have darkened fabric with the coffee crystals but have yet to try dying. I would like to try the dye and bake effect for some Halloween stitching. I love the rustic look of yours.

Robin in Virginia said...

Faith, your January block is looking good and doesn't look like you have much more to do. I had been wondering what monthly project you were going to do with! Enjoy your week!

Katie said...

Love this set. I have them and will do them some year. Love the fabric you dyed. Perfect for the set. Thanks for the suggestion with the designer. I always try to check just in case.

Cathy said...

You did a really good job of dying your fabric and thanks for the info about checking the website. I have this in my stash.

Manuela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manuela said...

Hello Faith,
Your January finish is beautiful. The little snowman is very cute.
Great Job on dying your fabric.
Manuela

diamondc said...

Faith: This is such an adorable design, I live where we get lots of snow, I am looking forward to seeing how you finish him.
You did a fabulous job dying the fabric, I love dying my own fabric.

Catherine

Carol said...

What a cute piece, Faith! And I think your tea-dyed and baked fabric looks great. I've been wanting to try that, but have been nervous about it. I just need to get up my nerve and do it :) Have a great week ahead!

Astrids dragon said...

Another adorable start! Your fabric turned out great, I should try that with with all the white fabric I've got.

Rachel said...

Love your January design; the snowman looks like he's really enjoying the prospect of the snowflakes falling on him. Here's hoping you get a good start on February's chart before the month is at an end! :)