Sunday, September 13, 2020

My Sunday Stitchy Update 09/13/20

Hello Everyone! I do hope you have had a great couple of weeks and got in lots of crafting and/or me time! During these crazy pandemic days it can be easy to forget about taking care of yourself so please remember to do that! 

So for my stitching... I felt that I must have made 2 million Xs trying to get this sign for Jacob finished. Silly me to think that one color would go faster than the two colors did since I didn't have to change colors but it took just as long if not longer! 

But FINALLY it is FINISHED!! 

Door Signs
Designer - Faithfully Stitching
(that's me! 😆)

 
Started 08/22/20
Finished 09/07/20

The big payoff for all those stitches is that he loved it and promptly hung it on the door to his room. Next I had a dilemma... should I finish Tia's already started sign or not? Decisions, decisions...  Well the one decision I did come to immediately was I won't be stitching it right away!  I need a plastic canvas break FOR SURE! 

This week I decided to work on

Holidays Are Mother's Day!
Easter Mom
Designer - Marilynn and Jackie's Collectibles
 
so here is where I started...
Progress as of 03/08/20

and where I ended!
Progress 09/13/20

I made some good progress but now I must work on the "A Year of Celebrations" October section.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
see ya next week with another faithful update!

10 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Faith! I absolutely LOVE Jacob's stitch for his door. I'm so happy he loved it too. You are making great progress on the Holidays are Mother's Day too. I look forward to seeing how you finish it. Hope you are having happy days. It's kind of hard with all this Covid business. Hopefully the end is near and we can get back to ordinary, everyday things again. Have a great week my friend. RJ

butterfly said...

Jacob must love is door sign.
Can't wait to see your new stitch grow .
Have a lovely week.

Manuela said...

Great idea to stitch a sign for Jacobs door.
Wonderful progress.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Robin in Virginia said...

Faith, the sign you created for Jacob is awesome. Even better that he loves it which makes all the stitching more meaningful. Have a good week!

Carol said...

The fact that Jacob loved the sign you created for him was worth all of your hard work, Faith--it really IS cute! Looking forward to seeing your October Year of Celebration finish (and how on earth are we heading into October already?!?!). Enjoy your week ♥

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your door sign for Jacob is superb, great progress on Holidays (I totally agree with this sentiment)

Linda said...

Congrats on the awesome finish Faith. Nice progress on Mom.

Linda

diamondc said...

Faith: What an adorable door hanger, and the other side with school in sessions do not disturb, what a wonderful idea.
The color of the green fabric on Holiday's is beautiful.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Katie said...

I just love the door hanger. What a fun idea. Lovely progress on your WIP too.

Rachel said...

So glad Jacob loved his door sign, especially after all that work!
Oooh, the bunny ears are back! Great progress. :)